Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » General Computing

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:37 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
When you try to get help through the 'Help Desk' in relation to a service are you talking to a person or a robot system?

I recently had an issue logging into a streaming service, that service being NFL Game Pass which is basically play on demand football games. On my media system it would just loop at the log in. I would log in and it would go right back to asking me to log in. I knew that my log in was proper as I tried with no issue on my laptop in both Windows 7 and 10. I also tried it on my media system via an install of Windows XP without issue. I just could not log in with IE11 in Windows 7 on my media system. (The fix, BTW, was to do a reset of IE11)

Of course I contacted NFL Game Pass support and was presented with a form to fill which I, of course, did. Even though I specifically stated that I KNEW that my log in was correct the response was to reset my password along with instructions as to how to do so. So I responded stating that my log in credentials were not the issue. and got the exact same response word for word as to resetting my password.

I read an article a month or two back that outlined these robotic support systems so had a quick heads up as to what was happening so I ran a test. I sent a follow-up email stating that I believed the support system to be robotic and again included that my log in credentials were actually proper and working.

Heere is the test that I sent...
test email sent to NFL Game Pass wrote:
Once again thank you for your email non-support. Twice I submitted a ticket stating that I could not log in to Game Pass In IE11. Twice you sent instructions on how to reset my password even though I specifically stated that my credentials were fine and I could log in through a different system. To be honest this send is a little bit of a test to see if this is actually read by a human as I have a hunch that I am talking to an automated system that looks for key words such as log in and password above. I expect that the response to this will be the same recommendation and instructions to reset my password.

Here is the actual solution to my issue. I did a reset of IE11 and no longer have any issues.

From a VERY dissatisfied user of this bogus support system...

Jay Lacher

The response, as expected was exactly the same, word for word, as the ones previous. Also I did an email check right after sending the above and the response was already there faster than a human could have typed.
NFL Game Pass 'non-support' response to my above email wrote:
Thank you for reaching out to NFL Digital Care. It appears that your message to our team pertained to password resetting. As such, we recommend reading the information below. If this does not attend to your concern, please reply to this message and let us know.

To reset an NFL.com account password, first select 'Log In'/'Sign In' and then 'Forgot your password?'.

An NFL.com Password Retrieval email will immediately be sent from NFL.com@help.email.nfl.com via help.email.nfl.com.

If if the email does not arrive right away,

Search all of: Spam (Yahoo), Junk, Sections, Tabs (Gmail's Promotions)

Remove NFL.com@help.email.nfl.com from blocked list, add it to safe senders/mailing lists

Add a contact for NFL.com@help.email.nfl.com

Alert the administrator for public, office, or library networks

Contact email provider customer support

Use only letters and numbers in your new password.

If you still don't receive an email, we're here to help.

To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:18 am 

I can imagine that would be very frustrating when you expect to get help. Can you get in touch another way so you can complain about it, it wouldn't be very helpful to a novice wanting help.

Board index » Technical Forums » General Computing