Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » COVID 19

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:37 pm 
welcoming committee

This is a long read and quite full of jargon that some might struggle to understand, that said it does cover and explain most of what i've gone through... still no definitive treatment of course but it does touch on pretty much eveything with recommendations about how the medical profession should/could move forward.

It was published on Nature.com, 13th Jan 2023, so very recent.

Long COVID: major findings, mechanisms and recommendations:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41579-022-00846-2

On a personal basis it was almost like reading a checklist...

Yup had that, tick.
Oh so that was what might have been happening, tick.
Oh i had that, realised at the time something had changed but couldn't explain it, now it makes sense.
I tried that product (after speaking to my GP who gave the green light but who couldn't give an opinion on it) and it helped me, vindicated.
Etc...

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:21 pm 
Site Admin

Excellent article, albeit quite technical. The information presented is quite eye opening. Let's hope that research continues and that better testing a treatment options become available sooner rather than later -- especially since most people have decided to shrug off COVID and don't bother with any precautions!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:30 pm 
welcoming committee

Steve, i've been debating with myself whether to post this or not because it's so full of statistcs and stuff i'll never understand... simply because i know you love and understand statistics i'm going to post it.

On the BMJ website, finally out of peer review 11th Jan 2023 is this Israeli paper :

Long covid outcomes at one year after mild SARS-CoV-2 infection: nationwide cohort study
https://www.bmj.com/content/380/bmj-2022-072529

I was way down at 'Findings in context' before i could get my head around the paper! LOL

FYI, anything out of Mount Sinai hospital in NY, or from Israel, always immediately grabs my attention because it was those sources that i originally learned about Long Covid and they haven't let me down yet.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:03 pm 
Site Admin

That paper sure did have a whole lot of statistics and medical terminology! I don't pretend to understand much of the medical side, but the way the study supported the statistics to arrive at the findings is fascinating and certainly appears sound to me. Thanks for sharing it!

Board index » Our Community » COVID 19