Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » COVID 19

Post subject: Long COVID, the cause?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:37 pm 
welcoming committee

This is a fascinating read but i need to point out it's not yet peer reviewed so take it with a pinch of salt at the moment.

All i can tell you is that in layman's terms it makes perfect sense to explain why i fell into a pit of pain yet my wife who i slept with at the same time has had no symptoms at all, so far.

Previous Endemic Coronavirus Encounters Linked With Long COVID
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/982283?src=wnl_recnlnew2_ous_221013_MSCPEDIT_&uac=431499HY&impID=4745878

Fyi, my original source for this was from Friendly Pharmacy 5 on YouTube, a long standing source that i've followed for longer than i can remember due to my experience with Long Covid, a Canadian pharmacist who has helped me in more ways than she will ever know.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFhP_Yn_5xF0_bRDmaG_5qg/community?lb=UgkxhU9G6zBcVvdfcCpxuHZ4_rUufFpR4Pgk

If i've read the paper correct then what appears to have happened is exposure at some point to SARS-COV-1 or a Coronavirus common cold/flu has confused the immune system to trigger a response to a COV-1 virus when in fact the body has been infected with SARS-COV-2, allowing SARS-COV-2 to run rampant within the body.

I'm no expert on any of this but i remember when SARS-COV-1 was around and i never really paid much attention to it, that said i was working in a front-line service industry so i could well have been exposed to it and not known... it may also be that at some point in my lifetime i was exposed to a Coronavirus strain of the common cold/flu that some others weren't exposed too? e.g. The longer you live the greater the chance of exposure to other coronavirus's, explaining why it effects older people more (but not exclusively).

So many unanswered questions but this appears to be a huge first step, it also has the potential to be huge for not only Long Covid but also for ME/CFS etc.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:21 pm 
welcoming committee

This is an interesting British media interview published by one of the UK broadsheets of an interview with Dr Fauci... The Guardian claims it's an exclusive so i'm taking that to mean it's a global exclusive.

Dr Anthony Fauci: long Covid is an ‘insidious’ public health emergency
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/oct/17/fauci-interview-long-covid-risk-emergency-response-coronavirus

To be honest i almost didn't read the article because, lets just say that due to historical events i have very little interest in anything he has to say but i'm glad i read it... what you make of it is up to you.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:34 pm 
Site Admin

The first article linked is fascinating. When SARS was in the news, I don't know that many people in the US and Europe paid much attention to it. It will be interesting to see where the study on this aspect goes.
I subscribe to the Guardian here is the US (online edition, of course) and saw that story. I haven't yet read it...

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:34 pm 
welcoming committee

sboots wrote:
The first article linked is fascinating...

It really is, the study size is quite small and some of the language used doesn't seem to make sense but the science and logic behind the theory sits well with me.

I'll be surprised if in it's current form the paper gets past peer review so i wouldn't be surprised to find the submitted paper isn't amended by the authors at some point... it's the first paper of any sort that i've read that just may explain the cause of Long Covid so i'll be doing my best to try and follow it.

As an aside, in the early days of my Long Covid i was (no easy way of saying this) bombarded with messages and posts here and elsewhere (mostly elsewhere) about how what i was experiencing was ME/CFS or POTS etc... i knew, don't ask me how, i just knew... it had nothing to do with any of those.

I had no idea what ME/CFS nor POTS were prior to Aug 2020 so it was a real eye-opener when i looked into them, i understood exactly why people suffering from those conditions suddenly became vocal and said that "Long Haul Covid" was ME/CFS, in part their voice also became a part of why i can't drop this just yet... until i can find answers about how and why this happened to me (i don't care if it was natural or man made) it's going to haunt me... if understanding Long Covid can help them then i feel like i have an obligation not to let this fade away.

Board index » Our Community » COVID 19