Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)

Post subject: software question
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:53 am 
welcoming committee

Hello friends. I saw a program one time. When you clicked on an image and tried to save as it came up with No Access, in french it was access interdit.It would be nice to know so you could refrain from using water marks. It could be called a good way to copyright. Any idea what this might be? Jay, you still got the yellow bike? Still have the letter you made for me.

Post subject: Re: software question
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:30 am 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Polarbear wrote:
Hello friends. I saw a program one time. When you clicked on an image and tried to save as it came up with No Access, in french it was access interdit.It would be nice to know so you could refrain from using water marks. It could be called a good way to copyright. Any idea what this might be? Jay, you still got the yellow bike? Still have the letter you made for me.

Yes I still have the bike model, thanks again. :)

As to your image question I can probably answer with more than you want. ;) OK... what you are seeing was probably the result of code written in JavaScript which interrupts the normal Windows call for the right click and directs to your own code. I did this as an addition on actual photo pages on my photo gallery to help protect user's images. On my photo gallery here is what you will get if you right click on an image to try to save. There are ways to get around this but it is effective for most viewers. There would be ways to do this in any programming language for any app but JavaScript for on-line is the only that I personally know. This does not replace a watermark as it can be beat by simply using a screen capture utility. Here is an example on my photo gallery. Right click on the photo to see the result.
https://photogallery2.jaylach.com/v/jaylach/terabit/mad+bird.JPG.html

Attachment:
right click.jpg
right click.jpg [ 116.85 KiB | Viewed 440 times ]

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)