Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Internet Browsers And Email

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:09 pm 
welcoming committee

Hi All, lately the new Bing search page comes up with a ribbon at the bottom, it's about an inch + half high across the entire bottom of the screen. Does anyone know if there is a way to disble this informational ribbon? I've really enjoyed the daily images that Bing shows but this ribbon pretty much covers up a lot of it and I just don't like it. I went back to using Google but check from time to time to see if it is gone but it isn't. Can anyone help with this? I did send feedback to Bing but maybe not enough people dislike it. Any ideas are most helpful. Thanks much! Katy

- Barbara Corcoran

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:24 pm 
Fearless Leader

Ah.... I am not alone! :D I hate it as well, Katy. I've sent feedback twice. I no longer use Bing as my home page. :(

All is not lost though, Katy. There's an arrow just preceding the "Popular Now" link. Click it and that ribbon shrinks to a manageable size. It's the grayness I hate. Also the pictures haven't been as attractive as they used to be.

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:27 pm 
welcoming committee

Thanks so much Patty! Yes it does help somewhat but like you said, there is a lot of shadowing remaining that covers up so much :cry: And the odd thing is, it isn't even product advertising, it's Bing exploding all over the place. I don't recommend Bing anymore, don't use it either. Thanks Patty for showing me something but like you said, it's still too much grey.

- Barbara Corcoran

Board index » Technical Forums » Internet Browsers And Email