Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » What is it & How do I do things?

Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:28 pm 
Fearless Leader

There's no workaround that I know of, Nancy. Be sure that you can do it, even if you pay the $20!

As far as security, reliability and stability - you're better off on those things with cloud-based email. At least with Hotmail/Outlook. I don't think that's the case with gmail, personally, and I'm not so sure about Yahoo either. Even with Hotmail, make sure you've got a strong password, and that you have several items in place to recover your password or account, should your account get hacked. That would be a mobile phone number, an alternate email address and security questions/answers. Make your PC a trust machine as well.

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:55 pm 
welcoming committee

MacDuffie,

When the transfer fails, I think it says (more or less) that you might need to have a Plus account.
That leaves room for another reason. At Yahoo's page, there is a list of things that cannot be done unless you are a Plus member. Is that what you mean?

I don't know what the difference is with MAPI, POP, or IMAP - but if I have a choice, should I stick with POP?

What about SPAM? Can my list be transferred?
What about setting up my Outlook (2010) account? Does that become a sub-account or alternate e-mail address?

I've never been hacked in the fourteen or so years that I've had Yahoo. My computer seems very safe. I already set up security questions and gave them a phone number. Thank you for the advice . In your point about reliability, security, etc., you said you are not sure if Yahoo (is there a cloud version?) or gmail meets your criteria like Hotmail/Outlook. The main reason I'm changing my e-mail account is that I've been locked out of Yahoo for two weeks now (too many failed attempts to login). There is nothing wrong with my login or password - I am doing everything right. After trying once, I wait 24 hours before I try again and the past two weeks, I ALWAYS enter through History. The main inconvenience, other than this not being a good way to access e-mail, is that the search function hangs.

I basically give up on dealing with Yahoo - I don't think it can ever be solved. I can, however, log into my (AT&T)/Yahoo/U-Verse account, which is the same login.

Thank you.

Board index » Technical Forums » What is it & How do I do things?