Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion

Post Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:41 am 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
On a quick search I don't see a legit free source but did find for under $4.00 USD.

'Europa Report' is stated as a low budget flick but I didn't see the low budget. It is NOT Star Trek or Star Wars, no real extreme action. On the other hand this flick was helped by NASA as to keeping the science 'real'. Even though not an 'action thriller' I was on the edge of my couch through the entire movie.

For anyone that loves the Sci in Sci-fi I strongly recommend this flick. The best I can offer here is the following trailer. I may be considered to have strange tastes but I consider this flick to be totally awesome.
[youtube]4RSwzLgvI8M[/youtube]

Post Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:21 am 
welcoming committee

Netflix has it. You can even view it online. It was low key until the end, which I won't reveal.

Pete

Post Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:05 pm 

Netflix is how I saw it.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:59 am 
Fearless Leader

It's not horror, is it? I can't stand horror movies. And my adrenal glands can only stand so much pumping. <g> Looked good though.

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:52 am 

Nope, not at all what I'd consider a horror movie although people do die.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:58 am 

MacDuffie wrote:
It's not horror, is it? I can't stand horror movies. And my adrenal glands can only stand so much pumping. <g> Looked good though.

I'm with you there Patty, I don't like horror movies, but my daughter loves them and the books that go with them. She's very much into Steven King, James Herbert and John Laymon and has most of their books, although she does say she'll never catch up with Steven King because he's still alive and writing. :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:43 am 
welcoming committee

MacDuffie wrote:

By your post is it safe to assume you don't watch 'Criminal Minds' in CBS? :shock: :o ;) This movie looked pretty cool.

It just goes to show you, it's always something. If it's not one thing it's another!
_Rosanne Rosannadanna

Last edited by Ritzter13 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:34 pm 
Fearless Leader

I don't, Terry. I do watch The Mentalist, though, and we've just discovered Sherlock. Haven't totally made up my
mind about Sherlock yet. Honestly, I've very little time to watch TV, so not looking for new shows. And Downton
Abbey should start running season 4 soon. Between that and the Mentalist is about all the time I have.

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:32 pm 

We like the Mentalist as well and Bones, plus we're still watching the repeats of NCIS, CSI and the New York and Miami CSIs. ;)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:16 am 
welcoming committee

The Mentalist, NCIS, CSI and Bones are all good and have been on my viewing list a long time. Elementary has grown on me since it's first airing. Another favorite show of mine that just ended this year after seven seasons was Burn Notice. I really like that show. It combined humor with drama and for me was very entertaining, very similar to NCIS in that aspect.

Also, CBS has a show that would fall right into Computer Haven called Person of Interest

Story Line: A billionaire software-genius named Harold Finch creates a Machine for the government that is designed to detect acts of terror before they can happen, by monitoring the entire world by monitoring every cell-phone, email and surveillance camera. Finch discovered that the machine sees everything, potential terrorist acts and violent crimes that involve ordinary people. When the government considered violent crimes between normal people "irrelevant", Finch built a back door into the system that gives him the social security number of a person involved in a future violent crime so he could act. Partnered with John Reese, an ex-CIA agent, the two work in secret to prevent violent crimes before they can happen. Eventually their activities lead to being hunted by the New York Police Department, CIA Agents in pursuit of Reese who was listed as dead, a computer hacker named Root who wants access to the Machine, and government officials who want to keep all knowledge of the Machine a complete ...

It just goes to show you, it's always something. If it's not one thing it's another!
_Rosanne Rosannadanna

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion