Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:13 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
5 days ago I ordered delivery from Domino's Pizza on-line. Delivery was slow but fully fine with me as we had like 1.5-2 feet of snow and the roads were icy. Delivery took ~35 minutes which, under the conditions, I considered fine but they didn't. Since I have an account with them they knew my email. The following day I got an email apologizing for the 'long' delivery time and they credited my account with a free medium 2 topping pizza. LOL! That credit is being used later this evening along with my normal type order. ;) As to the freebee it will be ham, pineapple and added red roasted red bell peppers for a cost of $2.00 for the peppers.

I kind of trip between Domino's and Pizza Hut as I like Pizza Hut's stuffed crust but prefer Domino's red sauce as it has some 'tang'.. Used to do Papa John's now and then but the local store shut down during Covid shutdowns. I've pretty much given up on Pizza Hut as, at least in my area, it has a fatal error as to doing an on-line order. This issue has been there for at least 6 months and they know about it but don't seem able to solve. Ya, I could pick up my phone and order from Pizza Hut but, as I'm a bit of a geek, I feel that they should fix their order system.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:58 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Well dang! :) I just placed my order for tonight and they sent me another free 2 topping medium pizza coupon as a 'thank you' for 'coming back' :dunno:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:42 pm 
welcoming committee

Jeez Jay, i wish Domino's in the UK were like that (change your VPN to a UK server)... they're all franchised here and even though my local one is awful, i've complained to Domino's head office about them many times but nothing changes, late deliveries, cold pizza etc so i gave up and refuse point blank to order from them now, add that the quality of the toppings has gone so far south now i'm amazed anyone buys from them.

The minimum order spend is the biggest issue, even though the price of a pizza looks reasonable enough (medium for £10 - not really that expensive if it was quality) on the generic website there is a minimum order charge of i think about £17 on my local franchise website... which of course i can't check now because the local franchise is closed for the night meaning i can't access that franchise's T&C's too see exactly what their minimum spend is, it varies from franchise to franchise meaning there is no set limit in the UK, that said, i can see my local one has a £2.50 delivery charge on top of whatever their minimum spend is.

Basically that means, if someone like you who lives on their own wanted a medium pizza at circa $10 you'd have to spend another $7 on sides and then pay another $2.50 for delivery... with no time limit at all and certainly no chance of the franchise offering you something for free on your next order if it was delayed, or it was just plain awful.

I used to enjoy the odd Domino's back in the day but in my opinion they are just ripping people off now... look at their UK offers, sometimes they have two for the price of one but the minimum spend limit still applies so unless you add stuff to the order you probably don't want you can't have it delivered, and why if you live on you're own would you want 2 pizzas and sides?

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion