Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion

Post subject: A nice surprise!
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:08 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
My apartments have a thing called Resident Rewards where you acquire points by doing nothing but renewing your lease, not being late on rent, etc.. These points can be redeemed for stuff.

When it started I registered on the site but never really paid any attention. Today I got an email saying that I needed to reset my password as they are totally re-doing the site so I did so. While there I took a look a my points and was quite surprised that I had enough to redeem for $160.00 USD in gift cards. I'll do the gift cards with Walmart and use for printer ink. I'll end up using generic ink but this will allow me free Canon ink past the end of the printer's warranty. Using generic ink at this point would void the warranty. For me this will be like 2 years of free ink. :mrgreen:

This started something like 6-7 years ago so it isn't much of a return on a yearly basis but it is free money as I'm going to pay my rent on time and renew my lease anyway. :)

Post subject: Re: A nice surprise!
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:33 pm 
Site Admin

Very nice!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:07 pm 

The site rebuild seems to be done as I tried to order the gift cards again and it went through without issue and I got a confirmation email. Going with the max of this starting 7 years ago it boils down to just shy of $23.00 per year for just doing what I'd do anyway. On a yearly basis it isn't a lot but free money is always good and the cards don't expire. :mrgreen:

I got the gift cards for Walmart strictly for printer ink. I would have gone with Walgreens but, since I'm looking at ink, Walmart is a little cheaper. I'm just not a fan of Walmart and avoid when possible due to the damage they have done to the U.S. economy by killing small businesses.

Just to partially explain why I think Walmart hurts the U.S. economy here is a transcript from, granted, quite a few years back but it does pretty good as to outlining Walmart's method of operation.
https://beermespix.jaylach.com//oddsnends/walmart/walmart.html
LOL! Don't exactly remember how I ended up with the above transcript but it is legit. Still it is serious as the transcript, if you read far enough, indicates that Walmart pretty much forces companies to move production of goods to China to get manufacturing costs low enough to where they will put the product on their shelves at the price they want to charge.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:48 pm 
Site Admin

I'll try to remember to come back to your link later, but my wife and I won't shop at Walmart -- pretty much because of the way they drive out small businesses to become the only game in town and the stories about how they deal with suppliers...

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:01 pm 

sboots wrote:
I'll try to remember to come back to your link later, but my wife and I won't shop at Walmart -- pretty much because of the way they drive out small businesses to become the only game in town and the stories about how they deal with suppliers...

If you want I'll send a reminder via PM... Dang, that means that I'd have to remember too... ;)

I wish I had the choice of not using Walmart but it is hard unless I buy just about everything except groceries on-line. They even put the local K-Mart and J.C. Penny's out of business here. Hey, business is always a competition but the way Walmart does it is wrong.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:15 am 
Site Admin

jaylach wrote:
If you want I'll send a reminder via PM... Dang, that means that I'd have to remember too... ;)

:lol:

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion