Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion

Post subject: Being a pain again... ;)
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:46 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Since I was a beta tester I figured that I should probably use the danged thing. I'm Talking about PIWIGO which is an on-line photo gallery. This is different than my other photo gallery as this is just for my stuff while the other gallery is free for any to use as long as they register.

I just rather like the appearance and some features. As to appearance there are many options/themes but this has been my favorite.

Sigh, I want to get the danged thing to display videos but haven't got a handle on that as of yet. I THINK it is a matter of my using the wrong video format but haven't gotten around to trying different ones.

I am looking for opinions as to appearance and the pop-up/lightbox image that comes up when a thumbnail is hovered. The pop-up image when a thumbnail is hovered is to give an image that between the thumbnail and the default photo image if clicked to give a better idea as to if you want to go to the actual photo page.
https://photojay.jaylach.com/

<edit>
I decided to try something... I've thought about trying to sell photos on-line and have sold a few in the past. I decided to try the PayPal sales plugin for this gallery and it works great. I just sold a couple of photos to myself and the money is being transferred to my bank. Since I can designate which photo albums are included in this I think I MAY add an album named "For Sale" and see what happens...

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:35 pm 
welcoming committee

OK, I'm confused as to exactly what you are asking. If you want to know if I like the pop-up image when a thumbnail is hoovered, then yes I do.

If you are asking if I think you will get rich selling photos to yourself, doubtful.

As regards different video formats, when I need to covert I use the program you recommended called 'Any Video Converter', and I really like it.

But I will say this.......Happy Thanksgiving!!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:07 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
And a Happy Thanksgiving back at you. :) I'm doing my very best favorite turkey; a full breast on my in-door rotisserie.

Yes, I wanted to know if the pop-up preview image when a thumbnail is hovered is liked but also opinions on the general appearance. The PIWIGO software is pretty slick on this. Totally within the software I can download and apply MANY different appearance themes. Off and on I've used versions of this package for quite a few years. Through all the renditions of the software this theme has always survived. I guess I'm not the only one to like. ;)

Yes, I have and will use Any Video Converter to convert my air show videos. Right now they are all in .mov format which is actually an Apple format. I will get around to figuring out what format actually works but not all are the same. As an example the HTML5 video call works with a file done with Any Video Converter as an MP4 done as an XBox file but not one done as an XBox1 file. I'll get to it, haven't really messed with it much yet.

LOL! No, I don't expect to get rich selling photos but I used to use this software to sell in the past and actually did sell some. Go figure... The sales profit payed for a Canon MG series Pixma printer. Go figure that a photo on my wall that was done with the printer fell and busted the printer. :dunno: The funny thing is that I have to set up my PayPal to confirm my bank for a different account than my normal. I got dumb and didn't think enough. The site PayPal system uses the admin email. Sadly I didn't use one of my PayPal account emails when I setup the admin email for the site. I can log into the account the money went to but have to confirm my bank to get my $11.48 back. :rofl2: Yes, I feel dumb!

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion