Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Microsoft Windows

Post subject: Multiple Problems
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:03 pm 
welcoming committee

This problem or problems has been bothering me for over a week now and it is very unusual to say the least. I am using my old Windows 7 Pro Computer. Just a few minutes ago I was watching a video on youtube and when it was done, I clicked on the top right X to end the program and instead of exiting, out of the blue it opened a personal video on my computer of me building my house in 1992. I did not recall having that video on this comptuer so I went to Libraries>Videos......and it was not there. (Before I go on, this problem of something unusual popping up when I exit a program has happened over and over. Mostly it opens the weather channel that I use but it can be any number of other web sites that I go to on line.)

So back to the video not being in Libraries>Videos.........since it was not there and I knew the name of the video, I did a search for it. It showed up in Libraries>Documents, however, it would not open giving me an error message that I was not authorized to open this video. It also had a lock on the folder. I have never locked any folders......don't even know how to do it. I went back to the oldest restore point available but still have the problem. I might add that the mouse sometimes seems to be clicking right through the open page to anything that is open behind it.

More on this problem: I did two things today that seems to have corrected the mouse clicking problem. The top right corner X seemed to be slightly out of position and I was able to adjust the vertical position of the screen......I think when I was clicking there, it was going to a desktop icon and sending me off to another web site. I also added a new mouse as the old one was somewhat erratic.

As for not being able to access the video, that problem remains. I took a screen shot of what I am looking at when I do a search for the video and it says that its in the Documents Library. I can open the video from this location that you see below but I cannot go to Libraries>Documents and open it.

Attachments:
whitmore roof.jpg
whitmore roof.jpg [ 50.64 KiB | Viewed 4293 times ]

Board index » Technical Forums » Microsoft Windows