Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Microsoft Windows

Post subject: Windows 10 updates
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:17 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
I am being driven crazy (short drive). ;)

Has anyone found a way to 'hide' updates in Windows 10? I have a graphics driver update that installs every day and can't find a way to hide it. The driver update is fine except for one OLD game that I happen to like and play daily.

Post subject: Re: Windows 10 updates
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:37 am 

Sorry Jay can't help I'm having my own problems with 10, just had to install the 10041 ISO again in my VM now that doesn't have a working start button. grrrrrrrrr

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:41 pm 
welcoming committee

Just installed the 10061 update - much faster than the last one.
Jay you will be happy, they changed the Recycle Bin.

Post Posted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:18 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Thanks David. :) Of course my gripe about the appearance of the recycle bin was tongue in cheek as I could change the icon to anything I want... At least I think I could, have never actually tried. ;)

I haven't updated to the newest build yet, 10061, as I've been on the 8.1 side for a while. Since I'm on my first day of nine days off work I guess I have time to catch up.

Sigh, I guess that I should start seriously thinking about how I'm going to configure my systems once 10 is out. Right now the strongest probability is Windows 7 and 10 on my desktop and Windows 8.1 and 10 on my laptop. From there I'll decide what I want to do by trial and error and eventually kill the dual boots. I really want to go back to Windows 7 on my desktop as it is mainly a media system and 7 just does media better. The problem there is that Windows 7 has that danged 4KB boundary issue with my 4TB media external drive. Since I've been running 8.1 and 10 on that system since the 10 preview was available I can obviously still do all my media but I can't reliably use Media Player Classic which is my preferred player. Of course I can, and have, adjusted by using the VLC Player which works fine but I still would rather use Media Player Classic. Mayhaps they will catch up; I'd be surprised if they don't.

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:00 pm 
welcoming committee

Ok, but what about program compatibility? I am really looking forward to trying Win10 given all that I have heard about it. But will all of my programs, ESPECIALLY my security programs, work with it? I know that Microsoft wants to upgrade almost everyone to Win10, and if all your older programs work, great! Any info at all will be greatly appreciated.

Acadia

Board index » Technical Forums » Microsoft Windows