Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion

Post subject: I'm a happy camper! :)
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:32 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
I've grumbled about the current management in my apartments in the past. Well it seems, and has been confirmed by management, that the building has been sold and the current management is out the door. :)

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:02 pm 
Site Admin

Hopefully the new management will be an improvement...

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:29 pm 

sboots wrote:
Hopefully the new management will be an improvement...

Almost has to be Steve. There has been two major issues since the new management. When I moved in there was a older couple with the wife being the manager and the husband being the maintenance person. They really were nice and did a good job as they actually cared about the tenants. She died and new management was here but the husband was still the maintenance person. Unfortunately the new management only seemed to care about not spending money to increase their yearly bonus.

Then there was the nepotism. Ya see the district manager is the son of the original management but not a problem as his mother, the manager, would keep him in his place. LOL! I think he was a bit afraid of her. ;) After the original maintenance person retired and moved out of state there was no reign on their son, the district manager, so he hires his wife to be the manager. On top of that their son became the manager of another building which was also sold. Even if you contacted corporate it just ended up going to the district manager who was not about to do anything that would affect his wife.

The new owners are firing Infinity Management which is a large property management group so the nepotism will be gone. It will take a while before the changes are made. The shortest time span I've heard is 2 months, the longest is July. I'm hoping for the shorter. I was talking to the current maintenance person and he said it would be probably March or April but he really doesn't know as the management won't give him solid info which sort of leaves him up in the air.

I'm just happy there is going to be a change! I like my apartment a lot but had a LOT against the current management. For a while I've even considered moving when my lease came up for renewal but I DO like my apartment. Also moving would be a royal pain. It isn't just all my electronics but I have a bird cage that I'd have to break down as there is no way that it would go through my apartment door. Then there is the aquarium. Even a small 20 gallon tank is a pain to move. I won't go into details but moving a tank isn't just emptying and then filling again at the new place.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:13 am 
welcoming committee

jaylach wrote:
Unfortunately the new management only seemed to care about not spending money to increase their yearly bonus.

And therein lies the real reason ordinary hard working people are being ripped off by employers etc on a monumental scale these days... why anyone should get a bonus for simply doing their job is beyond me when they're already being paid for that job.
That only leads to people's rights and welfare being ignored in the pursuit of a bonus cheque by a select few, that then ultimately leads to poor business practice that in the longer term not only disgruntles the workers and customers, but also the business.

I'm all for bonuses being paid out for things like an employee doing something extraordinary or a manager thinking of some new way to save a business money, but for saving money at the detriment of the business, it's employees and its customers, simply so they can get a bonus by simply driving costs down on a spreadsheet is wrong on so many levels.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:56 pm 

Things are coming together as to the transfer of ownership. It is fairly certain that the new owners will take charge in March.

I actually feel sort of bad for Clint, the current live-in maintenance guy. They just won't tell him anything so he is totally up in the air as to what will happen as to his job. I mean are the new owners going to bring in their own people for everything or will they let him keep his job. :dunno: To me this just isn't fair. He says that, if the new owners are going to fix issues, he would really like to be part of bringing the apartments back to what they were but they just keep him hanging. Not right but the current management just does not care. Shoot, the current manager is supposed to be here Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM til 2:00 PM. This week she was here two days and it seems that she won't be here at all next week. It is like she figures that she is gone anyway so why bother yet she still gets her full salary... just not right. Be nice to have a 25 hour work week that you didn't even have to show up for and still make enough to drive BMWs. If you rent my best advice would be to stay away from any property managed by Infinity Management Group.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:28 pm 

Had an interesting visit today from the current apartment manager. As said in other posts she has, in the past, been a bit of a pain but I guess the change to new management has caused a bit of an attitude adjustment.

Anyway she came to inform me of my current 'Resident Rewards' standing. Resident Rewards is a program where you earn points for simple things like just paying your rent on time. There are also quizzes you can take on things like apartment safety and emergency procedures. Just one quiz passed gets you enough points for a free $10.00 USD store gift card. My printer takes 6 cartridges and this program has paid for all my ink for years. With the new ownership and management I will actually miss this program.

I was a bit taken by surprise with the visit as she was much on the timid side while informing me that I had $50.00 USD worth of gift cards available and even offered to process everything so I didn't have to bother which I accepted as that really seemed like what she wanted. With her 'new attitude' we actually talked a bit and I find myself feeling a bit sorry for the situation she, her husband and son are in. All three work for the same current management company and the new is supposed to take over in March which isn't much over two weeks away. The current management company, Infinity Management, will put them in another state and they will still have jobs but this isn't munch over a couple of weeks in the future and they, as of yet, have no clue as to where they will be going. Ya, in the past, I've had legit gripes but this is neither right or fair. I actually feel sort of bad for them...

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

Not knowing where they will be assigned certainly sucks for them! One positive point, though, is that the new management company isn't laying them off...

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:29 pm 

sboots wrote:
Not knowing where they will be assigned certainly sucks for them! One positive point, though, is that the new management company isn't laying them off...

Oh, this has nothing to do with the new management. The situation with these people is strictly related to the old management company. The new company gave them no option to stay and switch over to their outfit.

Part of me tells me that I should cheer at their problems but, even with issues I've had, that is just not me and I can't do...

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:28 am 
Site Admin

Ah, then they are fortunate that the old management company is reassigning them, even though they have no clue where that will be. It's never good to cheer for someone's misfortunes, though we can recognize that those misfortunes are a bit of karma. ;-)

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:45 pm 

LOL! The plot thickens... ;)

Found out today that it seems that the current building manager and her husband, the district manager, will be leaving before the new crew is actually here. Their son, who already manages another building, apparently will finish up here in my building in the interim. This could be interesting. I've only met him a few times but he seems to be a piece of work and is reported to also be a bit of a druggie but I can't personally confirm the drug side. I'm not at all concerned with this as he is just interim but it could make things interesting as most that I know don't like or trust him. I mean he IS just a temp and I've been here over eleven years. What harm can he really cause me? Also, even with only casual meetings, we have no conflict between us so I am not at all concerned.

If the show 'Peyton Place' is remembered I've been calling this place Peyton Place for years. I make a point of staying out of the gossip as much as I can but it is, sometimes, sort of funny. For instance there are two older ladies that are like a public address system. If you want the entire building to know something just tell either and make them promise to not say anything. Within 24 hours the whole building will know about it. ;) I find it rather humorous to be honest and have 'played' with it a couple of times.

While I DID appreciate the current manager offering to process the $50.00 gift card I have coming from the apartment's rewards thing I just dropped off a note at the office to not bother doing for me and did it myself. The gift card is confirmed and just needs delivered. I just had the thought that this is a corporation and how much do I really trust? The thought crossed my mind that this could be a corporate ploy to avoid payment as in offering to process then doing nothing. While I doubt I could see the possibility of them avoiding until the new company is actually in place then claiming that the card claim was not valid due to not being processed through my account. Is this likely? No, it isn't but fifty bucks is fifty bucks and best to go through the normal method. Normally I use the gift cards for printer ink which I haven't paid out of pocket for quite a few years but I have a full set of all six cartridges already in reserve so may go in another direction with this last card. I think that I will get a satellite phone for the new wireless landline phone I got. Hey, I like the new phone so why not get the remote handset for free and get rid of the 20 foot phone cable that links my current bedroom phone?

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion