Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion

Post Posted: Fri May 28, 2021 12:56 am 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Sorry but there is a part of me that is a bit of a 'tree huger'. This aspect of me causes a pretty strong interest as to what nature does.

Anyway I was wondering what the white band on an earthworm is all about. LOL! Nature is just too off the wall to actually be reality. Please do not unplug me from the Matrix as I am quite happy with nature as is presented in this false reality........ :mrgreen:

Think about it though. Of course I'm kidding with the Matrix stuff but nature as it really happens to be can just blow the mind.

Sorry, the question was about the white band on an earthworm. Who would even begin to consider that it is sexual. Weird type of thing for me to post but I just found the following link REALLY interesting. Really surprised me that leeches also have the band but only during mating season.

https://www.allaboutworms.com/what-is-that-bump-or-band-around-the-middle-of-earthworms-its-the-clitellum

Post Posted: Fri May 28, 2021 11:09 am 

Very interesting, it's not something I've ever seen, mind you I don't tend to look at worms, or leeches. I've looked more at Slow-Worms as I have them in my garden and have quite often had to rescue them from my cats. :D

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion