Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion

Post subject: Scottish Rugby.
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:21 pm 
welcoming committee

After today's game against Wales... enough said about that! :cry:

https://youtu.be/KvxsZKQxVPs

1990 was so much better and i believe the link above is the full game from start to finish.

.... if you're Scottish no words are necessary, if you're from the rest of the UK other than England, stop laughing! :twisted:

An interesting wee fact you probably won't find online is the Scottish number 11, Iwan Tukalo, used to be friends with the owner of the bar i managed in Rose Street at that time... he told us he knew the result before the game had even started... he'd out psych'd his opposite number the England #11 Rory Underwood as the teams lined up for the kick-off!

FYI, at that time Rugby Union was supposed to be an amateur sport, Scotland and the rest of the Home Nations abided by that principle but it was widely accepted that the English and southern Hemisphere countries didn't.

FYI 2, FYI above explains why the Scots look 'small' compared to the English... it's hard to train and bulk up when you have a desk job on Monday through Friday with no additional pay!

FYI 3, Doddie, my online name, despite sharing the same slang forename, is a direct result of George Weir's slang name.

FYI 4, Doddie Weir, sadly, is now fighting motor neurone disease, he is doing wonders for raising the profile of MND in the UK through his charity work.
A nicer man i doubt you could ever meet.

Passion and pride.

Post subject: Re: Scottish Rugby.
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:37 pm 
welcoming committee

Oops, FYI 3 & 4 are of course John Jeffery... Doddie Weir was who followed John Jeffery in the second row ;)

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion