Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:19 pm 
welcoming committee

Quote:
BurnAware is a full-fledged, easy-to-use burning software which allows users to write all types of files such as digital photos, pictures, archives, documents, music and videos to CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray Discs. With BurnAware, you also be able to create bootable or multisession discs, high-quality Audio CDs and Video DVDs, make and burn ISO images, copy and backup discs, extract audio tracks, erase and verify data, recover data from multisession or unreadable discs.

https://sharewareonsale.com/s/free-burn ... 0-discount

A Friend Is Someone Who Reaches For Your Hand,
But Touches Your Heart

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:51 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Thanks, I'll take a look. :)

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:17 am 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
To all that may be interested in this software I will offer a review of this download...

I downloaded and installed. Here are the results with a couple of warnings.

1) You are downloading a downloader, not the actual installer. This means that when you run the download what it actually does is to allow the download of the Burner. When you allow the download be aware of the next screen which is an offer to also download and install a program to notify you of other free offers. I declined by clicking 'no' on this screen. This does not mean that the offer is not valid,,, In fact I have a piece of software that when opened always offers a free download of the day. It is just my preference that I do not want a dedicated program looking for free stuff.

2) My test as to function was to create an ISO file of the movie Dune and then to burn the file to a DVD. It all went fine and I am in the process of watching the movie.

3) There is a factor that DOES concern me though. While the burner was operating I had no access to my Start Menu. Once the burn was finished all Start Menu access was returned and everything seems fine. I believe that this Start Menu issue was due to the fact that I run a strongly modified version of Windows 10. My Start Menu looks more like Windows 7 by default than Windows 10. Sadly I do not have the time to 'un-do' my modifications before the offer runs out to test on a 'normal' system.

4) After the install I checked 'Programs and Features' in my Control Panel and I see no indication of bundled stuff.

5) Sigh, this really looks like a nice burner that will also handle Blu-ray. I wish that I had the time to proof everything before the free offer is over but just do not.

Bottom line is that I would refuse to say to not install but WOULD advise to make a manual System Restore Point first just in case. As far as I can find I cannot find any issue other than my loss of access to the Start Menu during a burn and I strongly suspect that this is caused by my intentional modifications to my install of Windows 10.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:03 pm 
welcoming committee

Its a great product..see pm ;)

A Friend Is Someone Who Reaches For Your Hand,
But Touches Your Heart

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion