Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion

Post subject: Re: New Velocity
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:17 pm 
welcoming committee

Acadia wrote:
Velocity Micro, hmmmm, may just have to consider them for my next system. I have always loved the little guys. Obviously my next system will come from a smaller outfit. Yes, learning toward Puget Systems again but this Velocity Micro sounds very interesting.
Acadia

Acadia, I currently have three desktops all running Windows 7. All came from Velocity Micro in Virginia. The oldest computer is now almost 13 years old, the next 7 years old, and the newest is 2 months old. I have never had any problem with any of these computers. I do seem to have problems with recently-purchased Seagate external drives, lol.

Also about 7 years ago I talked a neighbor friend into buying a Velocity. He was also very pleased, even though he did have one problem. His power supply went out, so he called Velocity for help. They said they would overnight a new one to him if he felt like installing it himself. He said he did not. Then they said they would overnight it anyway and have a technician come install it. Sure enough, 2 days later a tech drove up from Little Rock (about 70 miles) and my friend was immediately back in business.

And I agree with something Pete said. The inside of a Velocity computer is a work of art, the way the cables are wrapped/routed, the ease in which parts can be replaced, etc.

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion