Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:21 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Yes, I have been on a bit of a buying spree. :mrgreen:

I could not pass up this offer from New Egg! If I ever get around to actually getting a surround sound system these will end up in my bedroom. This morning I ordered a pair of 'book case speakers' that will fit nicely on my entertainment center.

The speakers are each a 1 inch tweeter and 5.25 inch midrange/bass made by JBL. I really don't know how they are today but years ago when I was really in to such things JBL was one of the best. They are only stereo, not anything surround but there ARE 'companion' speakers that can make it a surround sound set with a surround sound decoder. .. have to remember that I can probably do the decoder via software as I use a computer to drive my entertainment center. Each is rated at 125 watt which is not a lot but more than what I need in a one bedroom apartment.

New Egg advertised the retail price at $300.00, which I doubt, but I paid $44.88 with free shipping. But still, looking at other sites, the cheapest I found was around $70.00 used. These are new.

I don't expect anything fantastic but figure with being JBL they are probably better than the built in speakers on my HDTV.

LOL! There is an old saying that says "The difference between men and boys is the price of the toys.". I MUST still have a bit of boy in me as I will spend a lot of time finding my toys as cheap as I can. :mrgreen:

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion