Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Internet Browsers And Email

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:07 pm 
welcoming committee

I've been using Yahoo Notepad for many years. Even now it's still easy enough to access my notes there, thankfully since I rely on a lot of the information I've stored there I've also found a way to copy all the notes so I can back them up elsewhere.

HOWEVER, As of last week when I go to write a New Note there is a formatting toolbar at the bottom of the note-writing area that HAS NEVER BEEN THERE BEFORE IN ALL THE YEARS I'VE USED NOTEPAD.

WORSE, WHAT USED TO BE THERE, THE BUTTONS "SAVE" AND "CANCEL"
NO LONGER ARE. HENCE I CANNOT WRITE AND SAVE NEW NOTES ANYMORE.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:13 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

From what you state it sounds like Yahoo has changed their system. I would contact Yahoo support to find if your buttons are still there but in a different location.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:32 pm 
Site Admin

I had never used Yahoo Notes (notes.yahoo.com), however, since I have a Yahoo account I went to check it out. Basically, the notebooks are cloud based and automatically save. You have the ability to create a new note in the current notebook or create a new notebook from the left sidebar area. The formatting toolbar allows you to have fancy text in your notes. You can delete a note or move it from one notebook to another and if you right click the notebook in the sidebar on the left, you can rename or delete the notebook.
The functionality is pretty decent, though what I though was missing is an "undo" to roll back to a previous version of your note. I found that by right clicking in the note. I entered some text, went to another note, then went back and deleted the text I had entered. Right clicking in the note revealed an Undo the text I had just deleted was back. I did find that Undo did nothing if I navigated from one note to another after making a change. Returning to the note I made the change in did not allow me to Undo the change I had made before navigating away. So, there doesn't appear to be a version history available.

Board index » Technical Forums » Internet Browsers And Email