Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Virtual Machines

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:41 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
bbarry wrote:
Jay, do I need to accept and install all the VB components to my local drive, including Python Support? I know I want USB support and I assume Networking, but I wasn't sure about Python. Thanks...........

I would allow all components including Python.

Don't mess with the pull down menu for setting up the optical drive. Click on the drive listing to highlight then go to the disk icon to the right of the pull down. You should see the option to use the host drive. The following screen shot will already show my optical as "Host Drive 'E:'" as I've already done this.
Attachment:
vb-storage-1.jpg
vb-storage-1.jpg [ 58.96 KiB | Viewed 23668 times ]

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:15 pm 
welcoming committee

Jay, the above instruction solved my optical drive problem, and XP started to install. But then it stopped and asked me where I wanted the program installed and then it started talking about unpartitioned space, etc. I want XP Pro installed where I installed VB, which is on Drive (D:) of Disk 1. In a PM, I just sent you the screen that XP is showing me, as well as a screen showing my current disk management scheme. I've got my drives partitioned like I want for various uses, so I would hate for XP to muck that up. So I don't want to continue until I hear back from you. Thanks...........

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:39 pm 

LOL! Why do I always look at my PMs before threads? Actually I know why... it is just how I do it. Really I have to as a PM about a thread could change how I would reply to a public post. I hope that you don't mind but I'm going to include one screen shot from your PM concerning the partition/drive selection within the XP install. I'm also going to copy/paste my response as to this issue to maintain the clarity of the thread.

Teaching time... :)

Here is the screen shot as to which bbarry is in question. There is no need to show his drive management display. The concern is that his PHYSICAL drive setup is not shown and he is worried going forward would mess up his PHYSICAL drive setup. This is a common concern and quite normal for one who has not dealt with building virtual machines. Having used XP Mode does not count as XP Mode is just doing installs, not actually doing a real setup.
Attachment:
xp-drive-allocation-1.jpg
xp-drive-allocation-1.jpg [ 57.05 KiB | Viewed 23648 times ]

my response to this question wrote:
As to the install drive location you have to remember that your virtual XP is an actual install. No matter where the thing is located on your physical system the VM is only going to see what is setup within VB for the VM. On the drive selection screen for the XP install you are seeing the virtual drive that you set up which, to the VM, has nothing to do with your physical drive setup. The screen shot you posted is totally fine and as it should be. You don't see your physical drive structure because the VM does not even know that it is there. When you try again make sure to format the partition as NTFS and use a full format instead of quick. Quick may actually work fine but I want you to do it the same way as I. On my system it only took 10-15 seconds to do the full format but I have it on my SSD.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:05 pm 
welcoming committee

jaylach wrote:
Taken care of... I have it ready for you. Download VirtualBox below.
http://jaylach.com/downloads/VirtualBox.exe
Ignore the warning about 'This type of file could harm your system'. It is just because it is a .EXE file that I didn't bother to compress.

Once downloaded run the installer then do the following.

1) Use the 'New' tab to build your VM. I set the one I built to help you through this with 1024MB Memory (RAM) and a 30GB Dynamic drive. Adjust your drive size according to the available space on your physical drive and your needs. Personally I would not go under 10GB.

2) Go to the settings tab then Storage. You will see the virtual hard drive listed along with another listing under that. This is going to be your optical drive. Set it to be the host CD/DVD/Blu-ray actual drive.

3) Put the CD/DVD (go with a CD if you have a blank) that you burned from the Win XP w/Service Pack 3 ISO Image that I linked in a PM. Also use the valid key code that I also sent via PM. Please note that while the XP Pro ISO is fully legit it is a hybrid in that it includes SATA drivers in case you connect a SATA storage device.

4) Start the XP VM and you should go to the XP install sequence. Make sure to format the virtual drive as NTFS. I really don't know if doing a full or quick format matters but I used a full format, took a matter of mayhaps 15 seconds for a 30GB virtual drive.

5) During the install you will get a prompt to add the system to a network. Select the top option and type in 'homegroup' then continue.

6) Once you are to your desktop immediately install anti virus. Unfortunately XP is restricted to IE8 so you may fine it impossible to navigate the MS site to get Security Essentials. I would recommend installing the free version of Avast. Well actually with the XP SP 3 build I PMed the MS site is fully useable. Still save yourself some time in trying for Security Essentials and just go with Avast.

7) For your printer to work XP drivers MUST be available. Since it worked before I assume that they are. Just install the drivers/software for your printer in the XP VM as you would on a physical machine.

OK, VirtualBox and Windows XP Pro have finally been installed on my computer. VB appears to recognize all of my USB devices, but XP only recognizes my C: drive and my CD/DVD drive.

Jay, I need to report progress on the 7 steps you outlined above.....most went well, but I still have a few problems with XP.
1) This step went well. I built my VM per your specs
2) This step went well after you showed me how to identify my optical drive
3) This step went well
4) XP install was successfully completed; however, I was never asked for my key code
5) I never saw this prompt, so I could not do as you instructed. VB recognizes my USB network adapter, but XP does not.
6) I could not connect to the internet to install Avast. I guess this was because my system was never added to my 'homegroup'.
7) I did not try this step because in another post you said you would show me how to register my USB printer and USB external drive.

In conclusion, XP is running under VB. However, since XP does not yet recognize my USB network adapter, I can't connect to the internet. And since XP does not recognize my USB external drive, I can't install my three old programs that I am anxious to use (my sole purpose for needing XP).

So I will await futher instruction/guidance..........

Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:43 pm 

Good job. I'm surprised that you did not get a request for the key code. I used the same ISO image burn and was asked. It MAY possibly be due to no network adapter being seen hence no activation possible... well could activate by phone I guess. Anyway... we will look at that after we get you on-line to finish things.

I did not know that you were using a USB network adapter. I hope that XP drivers are available or we have a possibly serious issue. We should be able to get around things but it will be more complicated such as having to activate Windows by phone which I don't know is even possible since XP is past its end of life. In the worst scenario you will send me your old programs to install on my VM then I will send you my virtual hard drive to use removing from my system to maintain legalities.

You must register your USB devices with VirtualBox. Trust me, this is a LOT easier than the last time I installed VirtualBox. At that time you had to manually set up each device. Now VirtualBox will copy the needed info from the host computer (Windows 7). Open VirtualBox with the XP VM shut down, not in a saved state and go to settings for the XP VM. (Saved state is COOL! We'll get there later.) Make sure that ALL USB devices that you want to add to the XP VM are connected and on. Make sure that they are fully operational within Win 7 before going to the settings for the XP VM.
Attachment:
virtualbox-usb-registration.jpg
virtualbox-usb-registration.jpg [ 57.66 KiB | Viewed 23614 times ]

Make sure that the enable USB Controller box is checked but leave the USB mode set to USB 1.1. We can up you to USB 2 or 3 support later but you need to be on-line to get the add-ons. You can see that the following procedure works as you can see my Canon printer listed in the above image.

1) As Illustrated click on USB in the settings for XP (I'm going to quit typing XP VM or XP virtual machine as we know that in this case XP is a VM) and then the second icon from the top on the right. You will see a drop down of all available USB devices that VB can use directly from the host. Click on each device you wish to access from XP and it will appear in the same area as my printer is shown. Your devices are now registered.

2) If you were to open Device Manager in XP you would probably get direct assess to the external drive but not the printer. The printer will probably show as an unknown device unless it is old enough for XP to have included driver. Yep, as stated a while back, you will need XP drivers for any and all connected physical devices.

1) Install any needed XP Drivers and software for the devices in XP.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:10 am 
welcoming committee

Thanks Jay. I'll get started on your instructions right away. But first I wanted to mention a few things before I do.

(1) I ordered my new PC with an ethernet port, knowing that my router would plug into my new computer once I made the physical switch with my old computer. In the interim, I planned on using a USB network adapter that I had recently purchased. So if I can't find a driver for my adapter, I could go ahead and do the physical switch today or tomorrow. For the record:
- my USB adapter is a Trendnet TEW-805UB, and I do have the utility disk which hopefully has the driver
- my router is my old reliable Microsoft Wireless-G Base Station MN-700

(2) IN XP-Pro, I could probably do without the USB external hard drive, but not the USB printer. Two of my old programs print stuff out - a weekly calendar and my entire address book when needed.

(3) Last night before I retired, I burned the files for two of my old programs to CDs. Since XP recognizes my CD drive, I was able to install and run these two programs under XP. I still need to do a little tweaking of parameters/settings inside one of the programs, but that is easily done now that the program is running under XP. If need be, later this morning I will burn files for the other two old programs and see if I can get them up and running. So there should be no need for you to install my programs on your VM.

(4) I wonder why I never saw a prompt to add my system to a network? Perhaps again because no network adapter was being seen?

OK, I'm off to follow your instructions for registering my devices with VM. Will keep you posted, but remember I'm slow..........

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:42 am 
welcoming committee

OK, things went well through Step 1. All six USB devices were listed (even my printer), so I clicked on each one to register it. Then I clicked on Start and my XP desktop appeared with several messages:
- in middle of screen is an VB error message stating that the USB external drive failed to attach
- on lower right taskbar it states that my device is ready to use and that the device driver software has been installed correctly (I don't know which device they are talking about)
- in upper left corner of screen is the 'Welcome to Found New H/W Wizard'

Unfortunately, my computer has frozen up. I can't work the mouse or the keyboard. The hourglass is frozen on the screen. Probably the only way I can regain control of my computer is to physically turn it off/on. But I didn't want to do anything until I heard back from you.

BTW, I am sending this post using my old computer.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:01 pm 
welcoming committee

My new computer remained locked up, so I had no choice but to press the On/Off button on the case. I had to do this several times because I kept getting a list of those programs that needed to be forced closed. Without a mouse or keyboard, I had no way of doing that. Finally the computer booted into the safe mode screen and I selected to start Windows normally.

Win 7 started up and my desktop quickly appeared. Then when I clicked on the Oracle VM VirtualBoxB icon, I received the attached error message telling me that my VM machine was inaccessible. The only button available to me is New. Do I really have to start this entire VM creation process again?

Need some help/advice please........thanks.

Attachments:
File comment: My latest error message
VM Inaccessible.JPG
VM Inaccessible.JPG [ 57.87 KiB | Viewed 23725 times ]

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:22 pm 
welcoming committee

As you know, Jay is leading me through the set up of VirtualBox and the creation of my XP Pro VM. I think Jay is currently unavailable, so let me share a thought I had and see if any other VirtualBox users might agree.

Before I tried to register all of my USB devices with VirtualBox, all were woking fine in Win 7. My wireless USB mouse and my wired USB keyboard were also working in my virtual XP Pro. I could move back and forth from the XP desktop to the Win 7 desktop, and my mouse and keyboard worked fine in both places. So I'm wondering if maybe I should not have registered these two devices with VB, since they were already working there.

Do any other VB users think that's maybe why my computer locked up and my VM became inaccessible?

And do you think I will have to start the entire VM creation process again; if so, maybe I can go ahead and do that before Jay returns.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:46 pm 
welcoming committee

Hi BB

You are fighting a couple of things, and honestly, I suspect you are going to lose.

1. USB on these new computers with these UEFI mobo's is a flakey thing. My front panel USB ports act differently then the rear.

2. I was told by Storagecraft exports the 32bit recovery environments wouldn't boot on this machine and essentially they were correct. The x64 Re's work. This may provide a clue.

3. I use VMware Workstation Pro (12) My mouse and keyboard being plugged in at the back work. But plugging anything into the front ports and having it work with a VM has been hit and miss, mainly miss. I've never even tried a USB printer.

4. Looking in the VB forums I see USB devices are an issue.

5. I do have an old XP VM that upgrade to the lastest VMware version, but again never fooled with USB. The fact that XP is of course 32 bit, may compound the USB issues.

Reality may be you will need to seek alternative non XP solutions.

Pete

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:41 pm 
welcoming committee

Gosh, bbarry, I wish that I could help you. But thru all my years of playing with VirtualBox, with both Linux and XP, I NEVER, ever messed with USB stuff, I just do not know. On top of that, the version of VB that I was using is so old by now that I am sure things have changed. Sorry, but good luck, this has been an enjoyable thread even if I only understand half of it.
Acadia

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:54 pm 

Pete may be right. Even I said from the start that there would likely be issues but for different reasons than Pete brought up. My being unavailable indicates that I was at work. ;)

1) Does XP still show in the VB control panel? If so can you select then go to settings? If so go to the USB settings and uncheck all devices listed. Try to boot XP. If it boots shut down and go back to settings and add just your USB network adapter. DO nothing else until we type again.

2) If 1) fails create another VM in the control panel but select to use an existing virtual drive selecting the one now in use. Then add just the USB network adapter.

3) If 1) and 2) both fail I guess that I will be sending you a virtual drive after all...

While I won't say that Pete is wrong I do question the issue stated with UEFI as my system is UEFI and I'm having no issues. I'll be back in a few... going to attach a 4TB external and see what happens. Nothing fatal but the drive is not accessible. This DOES make sense as XP can't do a larger drive over 2TB. While the drive IS partitioned with the larger being 2TB it could still be a factor.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:49 pm 
welcoming committee

jaylach wrote:
Pete may be right. Even I said from the start that there would likely be issues but for different reasons than Pete brought up. My being unavailable indicates that I was at work. ;)

1) Does XP still show in the VB control panel? If so can you select then go to settings? If so go to the USB settings and uncheck all devices listed. Try to boot XP. If it boots shut down and go back to settings and add just your USB network adapter. DO nothing else until we type again.

2) If 1) fails create another VM in the control panel but select to use an existing virtual drive selecting the one now in use. Then add just the USB network adapter.

3) If 1) and 2) both fail I guess that I will be sending you a virtual drive after all...

While I won't say that Pete is wrong I do question the issue stated with UEFI as my system is UEFI and I'm having no issues. I'll be back in a few... going to attach a 4TB external and see what happens. Nothing fatal but the drive is not accessible. This DOES make sense as XP can't do a larger drive over 2TB. While the drive IS partitioned with the larger being 2TB it could still be a factor.

Jay, attached is a screen shot of my current VM control panel. Xp does not show up, so I can't boot it.

If I click on new and to select to use an existing virtual drive, I can't locate the one now in use. It says 'empty'. I guess I forgot the name of the vdi file and where I stored it. How do I find the one currently in use?

I also sent you a PM.

Attachments:
VM Manager.JPG
VM Manager.JPG [ 81.58 KiB | Viewed 23707 times ]

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:01 pm 

This will have to wait until tomorrow...

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:04 pm 
welcoming committee

jaylach wrote:
This will have to wait until tomorrow...

OK with me. I'm getting tired and can't think straight anymore tonight :roll:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:42 pm 
welcoming committee

Jay,

These system are kinda funny. Says a UEFI bios, yet the system is setup as an MBR legacy system. When I select boot options I have the USB and USB UEFI option. Selecing USB UEFI results in nothing happening.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:10 am 
welcoming committee

I remember when using VirtualPC you needed to install the VMaddtions to get some of the integrated stuff to work. I have a copy of the addtions on my One Drive that you can download and try if you still have VirtualPC installed.

VMAdditions for VirtualPC

This article is a little dated but the procedure is the same. You will unzip the file and have an .iso file that will be used to install the additions:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/833139

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:54 am 
welcoming committee

jaylach wrote:

Jay, in 1) above I could not boot XP

In 2) above, I finally remembered/found my existing virtual drive, so I created another VM in the control panel and selected to use this existing virtual drive. But when I tried to boot XP, I arrived at the Safe Mode screen shown in the attachment. I guess this abnormal termination of XP was caused by my previous lockup when I first tried to register all my USB devices......that's when I had to turn off my computer via the power switch.

From this Safe Mode screen, I could never invoke the command to Start Windows Normally or any of the commands shown on the screen.......neither my keyboard nor my mouse could do anything inside that screen. The clock counted down to 0 but nothing happened. I even tried to register my mouse and later my keyboard as USB devices, but of course that just locked up my computer again.

Do you know a way to now start XP normally? If not, I'm thinking at this point I need to: (a) start over completely in creating another VM including a new virtual drive, or (b) have you send me a virtual drive. I want to try (a) first, as I think I learned from my previous mistakes and issues. If I fail to succeed once again, then I will ask you to send me a virtual drive, although I know that's going to cost me a lot of donuts. :mrgreen:

If I don't hear from you before too long, then I will start the VM creation process again.........I will keep you posted.

Attachments:
SafeMode.JPG
SafeMode.JPG [ 92.92 KiB | Viewed 23683 times ]

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:14 am 

I don't want you to try to boot. I want you to go to settings and de-select all the USB items that you registered, just uncheck them. I am going to guess that you already did this.

Sure, go ahead and create another VM if you want. Won't see me until this evening, about to head out to work.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:22 am 
welcoming committee

OK, see you this evening, hopefully with some good news......

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:15 pm 
welcoming committee

jaylach wrote:
I don't want you to try to boot. I want you to go to settings and de-select all the USB items that you registered, just uncheck them. I am going to guess that you already did this.

Sure, go ahead and create another VM if you want. Won't see me until this evening, about to head out to work.

I finally had success creating an XP VM, thanks to Jay. :bow7:

In fact, three of my old programs are already running under XP Pro. The 4th program will be soon, after I resolve a minor installation issue.

This time around, Jay, it all went exactly as you said it would in your instructions, with one exception.....I was never asked for my product code. I was asked to 'register' the product, which I did with name, address, etc.

I even got the prompt to add the system to my 'homegroup' network, after which my USB network adapter was recognized and I was able to connect to the internet. Per your recommendation, I then installed the free version of AVAST.

The one thing I haven't done yet is to register my USB devices with Virtual Box. I didn't want to do that until you and I 'talked' again. Here are my current 6 USB devices connected to my new computer; VB lists all of these in the drop down:
- wired keyboard
- wireless mouse
- network adapter
- Bluetooth adapter
- connected printer (HP LaserJet P1006)
- external 2TB drive
I know that the first three are working in XP-Pro. I don't need the Bluetooth adapter, but I do need the printer and external drive.

So my thinking is to register only the printer and external drive......let me know if you agree. Also, I need some instructions on how to download the printer drivers that XP needs (I don't have the disk).

Two additional questions I have:
(1) If at sometime I replace the external drive with a flash drive, will I need to then register it? Same question if I plug a powered USB hub into one of my ports......will the hub need to be registered?
(2) I am using a 27" ViewSonic monitor and I would like to set the resolution to 1920x1080. When XP is running and I click on View, a menu drops showing Virtual Screen as the last entry. It is currently on 1152x864 and I can't seem to change it. Consequently, XP and the installed programs don't fill the screen.

So thanks again to Jay for getting me there, and to others who helped and advised me along the way. This is by far the best computer day I've had in a long time. :D

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:07 pm 
welcoming committee

Hi BB

If you haven't done so already. You might goto the VB site and look at the documentation starting with USB support. It might help.

Again if anything calls for you changing bios settings(hardware as opposed to virtual) Be careful and note what you change.

Pete

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:01 pm 

Dang!!! I have no idea as to what happened to the following post but it is all messed up. Still the info is basically all there... Sift through it all and do what I say if you can figure it all out. I just don't have it in me right now to start from scratch on the following post.

Good advice from Pere and here is even better advice! :mrgreen:

Create a system image of XP before registering ANY USB devices and after each registration and install!!! :)

So how do I do an image in XP you might ask... You don't exactly as it is more like a clone. Just go to where you have your XP VM files located and copy to another location. In my case that location is 'C:\Users\Jay\Virtual VMs\XP Pro SP3'. I know that your location will be different as you put it on D: if I remember correctly. Copy the entire XP folder including the sub-folder named 'Logs'. There will also be the following files:
1) XP Pro SP3.vbox (The VB settings file for your VM I believe.)
2) XP Pro SP3.vbox-prev (The previous version of the above. Actually MAY have been able to use this to restore from your previous fatal crash.)
3) XP Pro SP3.vdi (Your virtual hard drive.)
Please note that XP Pro SP3 is my naming on my system and may differ on yours. Just copy the entire XP folder to another location. Now, if things blow up when registering and/or installing devices you just restore the copied folder to the active location and you are back in business.

Yes, if you attach a flash drive to the system you will probably have to register but I am not positive. Yes, I just tried it and had to register the flash drive. Once registered it was seen by XP and automatically installed drivers.

BEFORE device registration...

Let's get XP up to USB 2 from 1.1. While VB will handle USB 3, XP won't. Go to:
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
and save the VB version 5.xxx to an accessible location on your Win 7 machine.
Now just make sure that both XP and the VB control panel are shut down and double click the downloaded file. Allow it to run.
Attachment:
vb-extensions-1.jpg
vb-extensions-1.jpg [ 211.66 KiB | Viewed 23660 times ]

Now, with XP shut down, go to settings in the VB control panel and then USB. At the top select USB 2.
Good advice from Pere and here is even better advice! :mrgreen:

Create a system image of XP before registering ANY USB devices and after each registration and install!!! :)

So how do I do an image in XP you might ask... You don't exactly as it is more like a clone. Just go to where you have your XP VM files located and copy to another location. In my case that location is 'C:\Users\Jay\Virtual VMs\XP Pro SP3'. I know that your location will be different as you put it on D: if I remember correctly. Copy the entire XP folder including the sub-folder named 'Logs'. There will also be the following files:
1) XP Pro SP3.vbox (The VB settings file for your VM I believe.)
2) XP Pro SP3.vbox-prev (The previous version of the above. Actually MAY have been able to use this to restore from your previous fatal crash.)
3) XP Pro SP3.vdi (Your virtual hard drive.)
Please note that XP Pro SP3 is my naming on my system and may differ on yours. Just copy the entire XP folder to another location. Now, if things blow up when registering and/or installing devices you just restore the copied folder to the active location and you are back in business.

Yes, if you attach a flash drive to the system you will probably have to register but I am not positive. Yes, I just tried it and had to register the flash drive. Once registered it was seen by XP and automatically installed drivers.

BEFORE device registration...

Let's get XP up to USB 2 from 1.1. While VB will handle USB 3, XP won't. Go to:
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
and save the VB version 5.xxx to an accessible location on your Win 7 machine.
Now just make sure that both XP and the VB control panel are shut down and double click the downloaded file. Allow it to run.

Now for device registration...

Never, NEVER, register a device that is already working! This apparently, going from your experience, will cause a driver or resource conflict that may be fatal. Therefore rule out your mouse, keyboard and network adaptor. I would advise against messing with Blue Tooth. I'm not even sure that it was supported at all in XP. I doubt that you would find drivers.

Now for device registration...

Never, NEVER, register a device that is already working! This apparently, going from your experience, will cause a driver or resource conflict that may be fatal. Therefore rule out your mouse, keyboard and network adaptor. I would advise against messing with Blue Tooth. I'm not even sure that it was supported at all in XP. I doubt that you would find drivers.

Attachments:
vb usb setup1.jpg
vb usb setup1.jpg [ 55.49 KiB | Viewed 23660 times ]

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:51 pm 
welcoming committee

Peter2150 wrote:
Hi BB

If you haven't done so already. You might goto the VB site and look at the documentation starting with USB support. It might help.

Again if anything calls for you changing bios settings(hardware as opposed to virtual) Be careful and note what you change.

Pete

Thanks, Pete. I had actually downloaded the VB User Manual, including the USB stuff. You are probably a whiz at it, but for me that is one tough Manual to read. Probably because I haven't really been in the virtual world except for XP Mode.

And I do know to be careful when looking at and/or changing BIOS.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:56 pm 
welcoming committee

Hi BB

I figured you did, but reminders never hurt. Not working with VB I agree that manual was a tough read, but then the VM manuals are just as bad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Technical Forums » Virtual Machines