Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » COVID 19

Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:27 pm 
welcoming committee

Published stories like these in my opinion are not helpful:

Gwyneth Paltrow reveals how she's dealing with long Covid symptoms
https://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/20210217107109/gwyneth-paltrow-coronavirus-healing-process/

For the many suffering from Long Covid, celebrity nonesense like that doesn't reflect the truth, i get why so called celebrities might feel it necessary to jump on a bandawagon, it gives them exposure and earns them money, that may be good for them but if they don't know what they're talking about then they should shut the hell up!

While her account may well be true for her, i wish her the best of luck.... i and many like me have spent months unable to even cook for ourself, never mind try and advocate that a change of diet may or may not be helpful.

I feared that Long Covid would evolve this way, where so called celebrities were afraid to admit publicly they were affected, then claimed they found the panacea once affected... be VERY wary of what any so called celeb says, it will most likely be nonesense until the medical profession says it is or isn't.

I have no doubt there are so called celebrities suffering from Long Covid, the true Long Covid, the one that is debiltating and long lasting, the one that knocks you sideways and unable to look after yourself.... i look forward to the day they come forward and admit it but i'm not holding my breath that they will.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:54 am 
Site Admin

I agree with you, but I trust that you know that Gwyneth Paltrow is pretty much a fruitcake as it concerns healthcare in general.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:13 pm 
welcoming committee

LOL, no i didn't know that about her, actually i don't know much about any celebrity, they bore me stupid when they talk about themselves.

I only read the article because i stumbled on it and was curious to read what she had to say, i shouldn't have bothered.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:30 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
sboots wrote:
I agree with you, but I trust that you know that Gwyneth Paltrow is pretty much a fruitcake as it concerns healthcare in general.

She is a fruitcake as it concerns anything! :rofl2:

There ARE some celebs that are making their voice heard if you look at other concerns besides COVID. I consider the NFL to be as much an entertainment media as a sport. While I would rather players not kneel during the National Anthem I DO respect why they do it. The NFL as a whole and MANY players are one of the biggest voices against racial injustice. As to players kneeling during the Anthem they have often stated that it has nothing to do with the flag, military or patriotism. It is strictly to be seen as a voice against injustice. The way I see it is that I lost an eye while serving in the Navy to help preserve their right to kneel. I also don't stand up when the Anthem is played and I'm watching on TV. I think it would be a bit hypocritical on my part to say what players can or can't do in relation to this.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:56 pm 
welcoming committee

sboots wrote:

As i learn more about this person i certainly will never quote her again.

Gwyneth Paltrow's long COVID 'healing' methods criticised by NHS medical director
https://news.sky.com/story/gwneth-paltrows-long-covid-healing-methods-criticised-by-nhs-medical-director-12228255

Quote:
Gwyneth Paltrow's unusual methods for tackling long COVID have been criticised by an NHS boss for not following "serious science".

The Hollywood actress had written a blog about how she has coped with "long-tail fatigue and brain fog" after contracting coronavirus last year.

Paltrow, who has repeatedly been accused of promoting pseudoscience on her lifestyle website, said she had taken up a "keto and plant-based" regime with no sugar and alcohol, and now fasts until 11am every day.

Professor Stephen Powis, national medical director for the NHS in England, warned "influencers" such as Paltrow have a responsibility not to spread false information.

Shame on her! :evil:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:08 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately, yes, she's a fruitcake.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:34 pm 
welcoming committee

Now that i know what i know about her i wouldn't use the word fruitcake to describe her, but best i don't go there! ;)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

LOL! "Fruitcake" is simply a nicety -- she is most certainly worse in that she has influence and followers/believers in her often dangerous viewpoints.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:16 pm 
welcoming committee

sboots wrote:
LOL! "Fruitcake" is simply a nicety -- she is most certainly worse in that she has influence and followers/believers in her often dangerous viewpoints.

LOL, i do wonder how many of her followers are capable of reading, let alone understanding, the following :P
https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/339629/Policy-brief-39-1997-8073-eng.pdf

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:58 pm 
Site Admin

Doddie wrote:
LOL, i do wonder how many of her followers are capable of reading, let alone understanding, the following :P

Very few, I'm sure. And even those probably think the WHO is bogus. ;-)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:04 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
sboots wrote:
Doddie wrote:

LOL! But if they can't read how do they follow??? :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:04 pm 
welcoming committee

sboots wrote:

Do you mean the WHO exists, blimey, then must mean the UN also exists?? :o

Who knew! :rofl2:

Last edited by Doddie on Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:07 pm 
welcoming committee

jaylach wrote:
LOL! But if they can't read how do they follow??? :mrgreen:

Apparently the good and great that is Social Media leads them in the right direction.... again, who knew?? :shock:

Board index » Our Community » COVID 19