Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » COVID 19

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:14 pm 
welcoming committee

Just 0.04% of Israelis caught COVID-19 after two shots of Pfizer vaccine

Maccabi health fund releases preliminary results of a study comparing vaccinated and not vaccinated members’ likability to contract the disease and said vaccine 92% effective.

Source with more: https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/israel-shows-promising-results-from-pfizer-vaccination-campaign-657051

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:30 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
That does sound good.

I'm close to my yearly exam at the local V.A.. I wonder if I'll be offered a shot. If offered I'll accept but doubt that it will be offered. Health care workers and first responders have to come first.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:54 pm 
welcoming committee

As the guy on the street corner used to say with a billboard, The End Is Nigh!

It sure is, we just have to be a little more patient and stay safe until then.

I'm not sure what the roll-out strategy in the US is but in Scotland my Governmant is planning on frontline workers, care homes and over 80's first, then 70-80 year olds, followed by 60-70 olds, and so on down though the decades until everyone is vaccinated.
The Scottish Govt is hoping that all over 50's will be vaccinated by the beginning of May so i should have at least had my first shot by then.

Note: Those are for the first shot, it's unclear what they're targets are for the second shot but they are at least releasing daily updates that now includes vaccination numbers.
cf. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53511877

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

jaylach wrote:
That does sound good.

I'm close to my yearly exam at the local V.A.. I wonder if I'll be offered a shot. If offered I'll accept but doubt that it will be offered. Health care workers and first responders have to come first.

You're with me in the next group to get it, but until supply increases we will continue to wait. I chose not to sign up on the NJ state site (appointments are still scarce and people report trying to book a spot takes days!) and wait for my doctor's office to offer it. They send out a weekly email to inform where they are in the process. The medical group that my doctor's office is part of is currently only doing the vaccine at one location by appointment and they are on the first responders and over 75 groups. They are awaiting more supply before continuing to book appointments. Once supply improves, my doctor's office is expected to be administering the vaccine, too. I will take it as soon as I'm able to!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:35 am 

I got the letter today for my vaccination and it does say the second is due 11 weeks after.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:06 pm 
welcoming committee

JoanA wrote:
I got the letter today for my vaccination and it does say the second is due 11 weeks after.

Great news! :nana1:

Post Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:31 pm 

Thanks Doddie, it will be a struggle for me the actual journey and getting into the actual inoculation centre because of my disability problems but I want to get the jab and there's no knowing how long I'd have to wait if they had to send a nurse out to me.

My daughter did say I'm safer here than I'll be going to the centre to get it, here I'm isolated on my own and the only people I see are delivery men who all stay outside and are masked, the only one that comes inside is my grocery shopping driver who brings my food in to unpack onto my kitchen worktops and he's masked and we keep a good distance between us.

At the moment my daughter comes once a week with her husband on their way home from doing their weekly shopping. They do a bit of sorting out for me and take anything that they may be able to sell for me.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:05 pm 
welcoming committee

Joan, i guess this will be a dilemma for many people in your position, but it shouldn't be... i've searched for the latest information on the Welsh Govt stance on this but there doesn't seem to be much information about being your age and not physically able to attend an appointment, other than you shouldn't call your GP etc.

If i was in your position i'd say to hell with that and phone my GP to see if you can get a home visit instead.

It's simply unfathomable that anyone your age should be forced to compromise their health to get the vaccine.

I'm with your daughter on this, you should not be putting your wellbeing at stake to get innoculated... the whole point of the vaccination process is to protect people like you, not to put you in harms way.

I like to think that the Welsh Govt stance is based on people being physically able to attend appointments with leeway for those that are not.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:13 pm 

Thanks Doddie, I'm going to phone the number that's in the letter and see what they say about it.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:00 pm 
welcoming committee

Best of luck, the worst that can happen i guess is they so no you can't have a home visit but i'd be amazed if that's what they say... from what i've read it appears that GP surgeries are now authorised to administer the vaccine in Wales, though that may not be possible in your area yet?

In the Welsh media on 25th Jan:
Quote:
The vaccination effort in Wales has been given a massive boost by GPs over the last few days. In Powys, all 60 of its GPs are now offering the vaccine to patients. Mr Gething said Wales now has 329 GP practices offering vaccines and this will increase again this week.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-vaccine-rates-wales-england-19693704

Even if you can't have a home visit, i presume a local GP surgery would be preferrable to a mass vaccination centre... i forget where in Wales you live, i don't think it's Powys so the GP surgery option might not yet be available where you live if a home visit is ruled out.

Stay safe and let me know how you get on. :flower6:

Board index » Our Community » COVID 19