Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » COVID 19

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:36 pm 
welcoming committee

I want to throw this out here because i do not believe it is.

Yes, there are many similarities that could be seen as the same, but take a time-out and look at the wide range of symptoms that afflict Long Covid sufferers and you will see that while many of the symptoms overlap, they are not like for like.

I do accept that ME/CFS and Long Covid are very similar and that any outcome of Long Covid studies will only help ME/CFS sufferers in the long run, but i don't see it as a fight for recognition, instead Covid-19 should be seen as an insight into what is ME/CFS.

cf. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/21/were-about-to-see-a-wave-of-long-covid-when-will-ministers-take-it-seriously

ME/CFS & Long Covid are different beasts in my view and are not like for like, if the latter helps with an undestanding for the former then that can only help, but don't try and make a comparison simply because a circle fits in a square hole.

cf. What is ME/CFS?
https://www.cdc.gov/me-cfs/about/index.html

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:56 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, I do think they are different beasts, with the same or similar symptoms. I agree that research into both is needed and treatments may ultimately be quite similar, but they are not the same, in my opinion.

Board index » Our Community » COVID 19