Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » COVID 19

Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:31 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
One may look at the stats for COVID 19 deaths in the U.S. and see it as a small percentage of deaths involved and this is true in a way but does not give the real picture. Currently we have had 4,903,385 confirmed cases with 160,402 deaths as of August 5th, 2020. This seems like a very small percentage in relation to a population of 328.24 million (2019) population but there is another perspective...

The other aspect is people that have died at a higher rate than the raw numbers indicate. Just in July, 2020 more than 25,000 people died of causes directly associate with COVID 19. The 25,000 deaths are stated as a minimum. the numbers say other then the seeming low percentage. Just using the minimum of 25,000 deaths for July I did the math. It is a simple equation. July has 31 days so we multiply by 24 (31*24) to give the number of hours in the month. We then multiply by 60 to give the number of minutes and 60, again, to give the number of seconds in the month. Divide all that by the minimum of 25,00 deaths in July and it boils down to a person in the U.S. has died every every 207 seconds during the month. Please also consider that the stated 25,000 deaths is a conservative estimate. The REAL death rate is probably close to a death every 90 seconds.

I find this VERY concerning...

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:52 pm 
welcoming committee

The death rates for Covid are statics and they can sadly be manipulted, only ime will tell if governments are being truthful with the statics.

In Scotland, where cases after a positive test have been static at 2,491 deaths for days, even the Scottish Government admits the true death level is much higher.

The Scottish First Minister only a few days ago admitted the true figure in Scotland was likely to be closer to the 'Death Certificate' value in the graph linked below:

Look for "How many people have died from coronavirus in Scotland?"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53511877

The recent spikes may seem small if you look closely at the numbers, they were single figure only a few weeks ago.

The graph is updated daily and the current death level by that measure stands at 4,208.

EVERYTHING about this virus is concerning.... the latest John Hopkins death toll puts American deaths at 159,841.
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

That's nearly 160,000 familes who have lost a loved one and are grieving for them.

My understanding is the US lost:

2,300 in Afghanistan.

34,000 in the Korean war.

282,000 in Vietnam.

The VERY disturbing fact is no-one knows what the long term effects of surving this virus may be.

Even if we discover and distribute an antidote, in all likelihood this will not cure the after effects of having previosuly contracted the virus... as millions of all ages already have.

Board index » Our Community » COVID 19