Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » Product Reviews

Post Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:03 am 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Yes, I like Yahtzee. :roll: Hey, it's fun but hard to find a good version for a PC. Enter yaht-3d from the Microsoft Store. Yaht is actually the predecessor of Yahtzee and is free through the Microsoft Store but does not have all game features and contains adds. To open all game modes and lose the ads is only $2.99. This game is well enough done that I can't gripe about the author trying to make a few bucks. I have done programming and guarantee that a LOT of work went in to the AI algorithms.

I have tried quite a few versions of Yahtzee and they are either clunky or the algorithms for the computer AI is terrible to where it is hard to lose such as the Hasbro version. Yaht-3D has AI algorithms that are advanced enough to make it a real challenge.

So what is the difference between Yaht and Yahtzee? While Yahtzee is included Yaht is similar but has some differences. First is that the goals for rolling are somewhat different. Other than that it can be played with 6, 8, 10 or 12 sided dice. LOL! I've only tried 12 sided dice once so far and it hurt my brain. :ugeek:

I don't know what game features are missing in the free version as I paid the $2.99 upgrade fee as soon as I saw the thing. If you happen to like Yahtzee I can do nothing but strongly recommend this version. The AI algorithms are quite well done and the computer makes good choices. With the Hasbro version it was just boring as the computer made really illogical choices.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/yaht-3d/9wzdncrfhx4k?ocid=9wzdncrfhx4k_ORSEARCH_Bing&rtc=1#activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Yaht-3D is also visually pleasing.
Attachment:
yaht.jpg
yaht.jpg [ 42.27 KiB | Viewed 1666 times ]

Board index » Our Community » Product Reviews