Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Partitioning and dual booting

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:35 am 
welcoming committee

I like my disk set up clean, whole physical drive with just one partition. So what is an easy way to get rid of the system boot partitions and just end up with a c: drive

1. I use Shadow Protect as it has some good tools in it. A full trial would work.

2. I image the complete disk. Shadowprotect makes a separate image file for each partition which for this purpose is good.

3. Then I do the restore, and this has several steps.

a) First I just select the c: partition to restore

b) When selecting the target for restore, SP will show the physical disk and give the option to select the partition to restore. You can also right click on each partition and delete it. So I delete any and all partitions. The drive now shows up as unallocated and unformated.

c) You then can right click on the drive and create a new partition. One of the options is to create a new partition using all the unallocated space. This will create a c: drive that takes the whole physical disk.

d) under restore options, I check make the partition active, restore mbr from the image, restore disk signature, and restore hidden track.

That's it. At the end of the restore, SP does a boot repair, and makes the new c: partition bootable.

Works like a champ.

Board index » Technical Forums » Partitioning and dual booting