Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » System Recovery

Post subject: New Acronis boot media
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:17 am 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
This isn't really new but I just looked at it this morning. This is good for Acronis versions back to 2016.

With the normal boot media (Recovery Disk) made through Acronis you can't do anything while doing an image backup or clone. This is not really a big deal as a clone goes really fast and an image isn't bad even with my system drive being 323 GB.

I normally use boot media to do my backups so I don't actually need to have Acronis installed. While I have WinPE based boot media I normally use Linux based. Both methods are available through Acronis when installed. Last night I wanted to make a couple of extra boot disks so I installed Acronis again to make them. While in Acronis I looked at the third party offers and found another media builder for free that offers quite a lot of extras such as being able to browse the web using Opera, File Explorer and some other stuff.

I don't really recommend this as I backed out of a clone operation to look at something and it seems the drive numbers got mixed up with the result that I'm now copying back my main media drive (4.88 TB used) from my second system. LOL! Sure am glad that I back up my data and media to my second system and have them networked so I can copy something back to my main if I need. :mrgreen: Still, the clone and imaging DO work fine, just be real careful! ;) If it looks like the drive numbers have changed they probably have and you should reboot to the media.

I will go back to my normal boot media but had to look at this thing. It even lets you add specific drivers such as wireless and will poll your system to get video drivers, etc.. It DOES take a long time to do the build. Burn time is normal but there is a LOT of prep.

So here is what the silly thing looks like... Pictures are terrible. Click to make large enough to read.
Attachment:
IMG_2105.JPG
IMG_2105.JPG [ 254.68 KiB | Viewed 1949 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_2109.JPG
IMG_2109.JPG [ 285.04 KiB | Viewed 1949 times ]

Board index » Technical Forums » System Recovery