Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Microsoft Windows

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:51 pm 

Got my desktop last Friday after a new hard drive installed. One thing that I was not sure what version of Java to run this desktop? I was reading the information from the Java website. Mine is Microsoft Windows 7 SP-1 (with all updates to this date) with 64-bit Home Premium. Now which version of Java do I install them = 32-bit or 64-bit or both? Need your help before I download the right file to install them.

Thank you,

John

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:50 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
You do not install any version of Java unless you have an application that requires it. If you do have an application that requires Java you would install the 64bit version.

Java has a bad reputation for exploitations. While some of the bad reputation may not actually be the fault of Java some of it is. The reason that I say that not all may be Java's fault is the fact that most if not all peer to peer/torrent software relies on Java so it is sometimes hard to tell if the exploit was actually caused by Java or the downloaded torrent. Regardless the best advice is to not install Java unless absolutely needed.

Board index » Technical Forums » Microsoft Windows