Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Microsoft Windows

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:36 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
katy98 wrote:
No rush, just wanted to know if there is a way to delete the 2013-2017 emails from eClient because as soon as I installed the eClient program, at the end of the download it began downloading ALL my gmail emails all the way back to 2013 and I thought gmail deleted old emails online. Anyway, what is the quickest way to delete all emails from 2018 and prior except for the saved emails I have put into specific folders in Outlook? I didn't ask eClient to import Outlook, this download just began probably based on my email address on gmail online.

Click on the first email then scroll down to the last. Hold the Shift key and click on the last. This will select them all and then you can just click on 'Delete'.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:37 pm 

bbarry wrote:
Nothing 'normal' about you, Jay.

And that's a compliment. :cboy1:

Thanks BB! :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:43 pm 
welcoming committee

Update: might be a while before I get done deleting gmail, turns out it was 100k+ which included inbox, all mail, social and promo. so I guess I need to reduce the source before I can minimize the eClient version import because they just download what is there. Right now, even just opening up emClient is just 'not responding'. I never realized I had that much 'up there on Gmail'.

- Barbara Corcoran

Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:25 pm 
Site Admin

How is your Gmail account set up in the program? Did it default to IMAP? If so, go to Gmail in your web browser and use filters to delete old mail. It will then sync that into the client program, deleting the mail from your PC.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:56 am 
welcoming committee

sboots wrote:
How is your Gmail account set up in the program? Did it default to IMAP? If so, go to Gmail in your web browser and use filters to delete old mail. It will then sync that into the client program, deleting the mail from your PC.

I just checked Tools and Accounts and it looks like it was set up as IMAP? Everything setup just took place automatically. It looks like my email numbers are down to 2518 in emClient; online in Gmail it shows I have 133. I wouldn't know how to use filters but it looks like its emptied quite a bit now.

So far it looks like a couple special folders I created are empty now like Purchases but Gmail saved emails to show up in the detail folder (like the Purchases I set up) as well as in the Inbox (same email) so when I deleted Inbox, poof went the one in Purchases.

At least now that I've got emClient installed, I can create my own folders under Inbox and hopefully those won't have a duplicate view in the main Inbox folder and won't be so easily deleted accidentally.

- Barbara Corcoran

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:02 am 
welcoming committee

Forgot to ask Stephen, could you give me the path where emClient is located on the C: drive?

- Barbara Corcoran

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:36 am 
welcoming committee

katy98 wrote:
Forgot to ask Stephen, could you give me the path where emClient is located on the C: drive?

Katy, my eM Client program is installed in C:\Program Files(86)\eM Client

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:58 pm 
welcoming committee

I just checked my Win10 laptop for windows updates because I noticed my Win7 laptop just had 3 updates but when I went to Windows Updates, it showed my Win10 laptop updates are paused for 7 days.

I couldn't figure out why and nowhere did it say why it was being paused so I double clicked on the statement 'Pause Updates For 7 Days' and it appears I canceled the pause....... but I still don't know why it was paused by Win10 because I sure didn't do it. Does anyone know why Win10 did this?

Now I see a statement Resume Updates but didn't click or double click on that yet in case something unwanted would happen. Does anyone know?

- Barbara Corcoran

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:10 pm 

Don't know why Updates paused but I'd just click on resume.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:40 pm 
welcoming committee

jaylach wrote:
Don't know why Updates paused but I'd just click on resume.

Ok, just now clicked on resume, then resumed for 7 days again came up, clicked on check for updates and its now checking for updates. Updates said I am uptodate. Then I'm paused for 7 days active once again and said to check advanced options where there was an option to choose a date so I chose Monday tomorrow. Hope this resumes updates.

I hate to ask again because I think I asked this earlier but is it possible to paste a snipping tool copy to Computer Haven?

- Barbara Corcoran

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

katy98 wrote:

I'm not a user of emClient, so I'm glad to see that bbarry provided the path.

-steve

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:26 pm 

sboots wrote:
katy98 wrote:

-steve

Actually I have to wonder why you are after the install path for eMClient Katy. Messing with stuff in a program's install directory can risky.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

katy98 wrote:
It looks like my email numbers are down to 2518 in emClient; online in Gmail it shows I have 133. I wouldn't know how to use filters but it looks like its emptied quite a bit now.

So far it looks like a couple special folders I created are empty now like Purchases but Gmail saved emails to show up in the detail folder (like the Purchases I set up) as well as in the Inbox (same email) so when I deleted Inbox, poof went the one in Purchases.

At least now that I've got emClient installed, I can create my own folders under Inbox and hopefully those won't have a duplicate view in the main Inbox folder and won't be so easily deleted accidentally.

It sounds like you have a plan and that the massive amount of old emails are clearing from Gmail and emClient.
Here's a bit of information on email organization in Gmail in your web browser -- since you are handling it in emClient, you probably don't need this. https://flow-e.com/blog/how-to-organize-gmail-emails/

-steve

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:43 pm 
welcoming committee

jaylach wrote:
sboots wrote:
katy98 wrote:

-steve

Actually I have to wonder why you are after the install path for eMClient Katy. Messing with stuff in a program's install directory can risky.

Not to worry Jay just updating info I previously used for Outlook. Not that I'll need to use it now to create backup but for now just wanted to see the size of the folder. Can't remember why but at the time it was important lol.

- Barbara Corcoran

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:45 pm 
welcoming committee

sboots wrote:
katy98 wrote:
It looks like my email numbers are down to 2518 in emClient; online in Gmail it shows I have 133. I wouldn't know how to use filters but it looks like its emptied quite a bit now.

It sounds like you have a plan and that the massive amount of old emails are clearing from Gmail and emClient.
Here's a bit of information on email organization in Gmail in your web browser -- since you are handling it in emClient, you probably don't need this. https://flow-e.com/blog/how-to-organize-gmail-emails/

-steve
True soon for when I use emClient more than Gmail but it could help many others!! Thanks for posting :)!!!

- Barbara Corcoran

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:34 pm 
welcoming committee

With 5 pages of info on this subject, is there a way to Star*** or highlight with a mark of some sort posts that I want to go back to so I don't forget to do something?

Of course I wouldn't want to mark a post that other people see but they don't want to highlite that way. Is there currently a way to help me in that regard?

- Barbara Corcoran

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:07 pm 

Ia way there is but not in a way that is convenient. If you will notice there is the word "Posted" in the upper right of each post. To the the left of the word "Posted" is a square.Click on that square and it will adjust the page to where the selected post is at the top of the screen you see. Save the address and it will bring you back to the same view.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:55 pm 
welcoming committee

Thanks Jay will give it a try :).

- Barbara Corcoran

Post Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:22 pm 
welcoming committee

Good progress setting up Mail/Calendar in eMclient here :). One thing though with eMClient notifications, even though I've crossed out with the red x on ALL notifications of all sorts under Mail and Calendar Settings/Notifications, it seems (crossing fingers) the popups to alert me to emails have stopped, well, I take that back, they started again just now on emails coming in, I don't want them!
Also, notifications are now coming into my email folder from regarding Calendar items I set up for myself from Google Calendar. I sure hope these notifications aren't going out to other people I may have emailed from eMclient. At least I didn't import any contacts.

Can anyone tell me where I can discontinue 'ALL' notifications of any kind to anywhere? I never set these up anywhere they must be by default. Please help! katy

- Barbara Corcoran

Post Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:38 pm 
welcoming committee

Katy, click on Windows Settings (the cogwheel), then go to System and then Notifications & Actions. Move down that screen and turn off any/all notifications. Pay particular attention to the "Get Notifications from These Senders" toward the bottom of the page.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:51 pm 
welcoming committee

Thanks Barry! I had not gone there before so now I did according to your directions and turned off whatever was 'on' and the section below you mentioned to pay particular attention to were all grayed out even tho it showed on. Maybe its due to X'ing them out within the mail program but will see how this helps.

Thanks again!!! katy

- Barbara Corcoran

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » Technical Forums » Microsoft Windows