there, way, change, the, color, bottom, task, bar, need, step, this, because, have, tried, everything,     is there a way to change the color of the bottom task bar need a step by step on this because i have tried everything

Register    Login    Search    FAQ     Articles & downloads     Donate

Board index » Technical Forums » Windows Vista/Win7




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Bottom Taskbar
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:28 am 
Offline
welcoming committee
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:17 am
Posts: 381
Is there a way to change the color of the bottom task bar? Need a step by step on this because I have tried everything


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bottom Taskbar
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:27 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:48 pm
Posts: 1922
Location: New Jersey
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/21161/change-the-windows-7-taskbar-color-with-no-extra-software/

_________________
stephen boots
Microsoft MVP since 2004
"Life's always an adventure with computers!"


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bottom Taskbar
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:51 am 
Offline
welcoming committee
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:17 am
Posts: 381
sboots wrote:
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/21161/change-the-windows-7-taskbar-color-with-no-extra-software/


Hi Steve.....that tutorial shows a different "color changer" than what displays on my computer. When I right click on the desktop and choose personalize, it shows the desktop background on the left and to the right of that, instead of a bunch of color options, it opens a window that changes colors on lots of places but not the bottom tool bar. The rest of the tutorial is some geeky work around so rather than mess with that, I will keep what I got.....thanks for the link though.

With this clean install of Windows 7, it keeps advising of updates. I no sooner install the updates and it advises that new updates are available. Is there a way to tell what version of IE is installed?


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bottom Taskbar
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:14 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:48 pm
Posts: 1922
Location: New Jersey
The second half of the article is indeed a rather complicated way to handle the change, but the first part should be pretty accurate. Without pictures I don't know what you're seeing as it has been quite a while since I've worked in Windows 7.
You will likely need to continue checking for updates many times in order to get all.
For IE, go to Settings (gear icon) and then About Internet Explorer.
-steve

_________________
stephen boots
Microsoft MVP since 2004
"Life's always an adventure with computers!"


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bottom Taskbar
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:11 pm 
Offline
welcoming committee
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:17 am
Posts: 381
sboots wrote:
The second half of the article is indeed a rather complicated way to handle the change, but the first part should be pretty accurate. Without pictures I don't know what you're seeing as it has been quite a while since I've worked in Windows 7.
You will likely need to continue checking for updates many times in order to get all.
For IE, go to Settings (gear icon) and then About Internet Explorer.
-steve


I was able to find out that I have IE11 on both of the newly clean installed Windows 7 Computers. Although I can bring up Computer Haven using IE11, there are some sites that wont accept it....looks like more push and shove to get people to use Windows 10 and MS Edge.


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bottom Taskbar
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:14 pm 
Offline
Resident Geekazoid Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:09 am
Posts: 6801
Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
IE11 not being able to access some sites has nothing to do with Microsoft or Windows. Internet Explorer, IE11, is no longer actively supported so some sites no longer write web code to support it. The site authors are the ones that prevents IE from accessing some sites.

Go to Firefox...

_________________
Image
Jaylach's Free Sites
I NEVER forget... I just remember late.

ImageImage


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bottom Taskbar
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:55 pm 
Offline
welcoming committee
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:17 am
Posts: 381
jaylach wrote:
IE11 not being able to access some sites has nothing to do with Microsoft or Windows. Internet Explorer, IE11, is no longer actively supported so some sites no longer write web code to support it. The site authors are the ones that prevents IE from accessing some sites.

Go to Firefox...


Hi Jay.......I did not load IE, The Microsoft Windows install DVD loaded it and Microsoft seems to be the one that "no longer actively supports IE" so in my opinion MS has everything to do with it. When MS built Windows 10 and made a new Browser MS Edge, they purposely did not make it useable on Windows 7. They do not want die hards like me using Windows 7 Pro anymore.


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bottom Taskbar
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:38 pm 
Offline
welcoming committee
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:17 am
Posts: 381
sboots wrote:
Without pictures I don't know what you're seeing as it has been quite a while since I've worked in Windows 7.


This is what pops up when I click on colors
https://i.postimg.cc/y6LxtfmS/win7colors.jpg


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bottom Taskbar
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:50 pm 
Offline
Resident Geekazoid Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:09 am
Posts: 6801
Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Allyson wrote:
jaylach wrote:
IE11 not being able to access some sites has nothing to do with Microsoft or Windows. Internet Explorer, IE11, is no longer actively supported so some sites no longer write web code to support it. The site authors are the ones that prevents IE from accessing some sites.

Go to Firefox...


Hi Jay.......I did not load IE, The Microsoft Windows install DVD loaded it and Microsoft seems to be the one that "no longer actively supports IE" so in my opinion MS has everything to do with it. When MS built Windows 10 and made a new Browser MS Edge, they purposely did not make it useable on Windows 7. They do not want die hards like me using Windows 7 Pro anymore.

How do I answer that other than we will have to agree to disagree. :mrgreen:

First let me say that I personally think that Windows 7 is the best OS Microsoft has ever put out. Before that I felt the same about Windows 2000. In fact I fought tooth and nail against going from Windows 2000 to Windows XP.

One must keep in mind that advancements in hardware has a lot to do with things. For instance a killer video card made back in the days of Windows 2000 would probably not work at all in Windows 7-8-10 or at least perform very poorly. Is Microsoft at fault for this? Yes, Microsoft could write drivers to probably make the video card work. The question is if it is the responsibility of Microsoft to do so. Consider all the possible devices available between video and audio cards. Consider the variety of printers available. All these devices are made by other companies than Microsoft so why should Microsoft be responsible and not the vendor? Microsoft authors Windows, they do not make all the available hardware. In this case it is clearly up to the vendor to make their own hardware work with Windows.

Now let's consider a version of Windows reaching its end of life. If Microsoft took the stand of making Windows always keep up with tech advancements we would still be running Windows 3.1 blown so out of proportion that it would be totally useless. Actually Microsoft is now trying to do just that with Windows 10 but in a reasonable way. If you have Windows 10 installed you will not need to buy a more recent version of Windows as long as your hardware can handle the newer versions of Windows 10. This tends to make Windows 10's end of life dependent on your system hardware instead of an arbitrary date. Seems pretty fair to me; as long as your system hardware can run it you are good to go. Not only did Microsoft stop making people buy a new version of Windows to stay current they offered it totally free of cost. If one is to refuse the free offer how is that the fault of Microsoft? It is always your choice as to what you do. I still have a virtual machine running Windows 2000.

Another aspect as to all of this is that a user agrees to a license agreement with Microsoft as to Windows and its eventual end of life. Whether you build your own system and install Windows or buy a system all ready set up you ave agreed to the rules. A user of Windows 7 agreed to the fact that it would not be supported forever or they never would have gotten to a desktop. Of course, in the case of pre-built systems, this is an agreement between you and the manufacturer with the manufacturer acting as a proxy for Microsoft. The bottom line is still that you agreed to all this by using the system.


Allyson wrote:
sboots wrote:
Without pictures I don't know what you're seeing as it has been quite a while since I've worked in Windows 7.


This is what pops up when I click on colors
https://i.postimg.cc/y6LxtfmS/win7colors.jpg

I get the same as you in my Windows 7 virtual machine. In my case it is a matter of my virtual machine not being able to totally use the Aero desktop interface in Windows 7. Is the Windows 7 system in question possibly the newer one you bought that came with Windows 10 and was reverted back to Windows 7? If so thee system was not built to run a soon to be obsolete OS and may not have the video capabilities to do the Aero interface.

_________________
Image
Jaylach's Free Sites
I NEVER forget... I just remember late.

ImageImage


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Technical Forums » Windows Vista/Win7


Who is online

Registered users: No registered users

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:

Similar topics


Jump to:  

cron