Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Microsoft Windows

Post subject: Fall 2017 upgrade notes
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:29 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Here is an article by Ed Bott about what to expect in the fall 2017 upgrade build of Windows 10. Some points of attention would be updates, security and Cortana interaction.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/what-to-ex ... 2179861831

Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:09 pm 
welcoming committee

I read the article and the 10 comments.....it looks like these fall 2017 expectations are not being well-received by most users.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:00 pm 

It is said that most that leave comments are the ones with complaints. People that are happy don't bother. ;)

Also many gripe just to feel important or have too big of an ego to admit that their issues are mostly self inflicted. Don't take me wrong as I, in no way, consider Windows perfect.

To be honest I'm considering turning on some telemetry settings I have off. A LOT of what happens in future releases of Windows depends, at least to a point, on what some of the telemetry returns.

Then there are the negative comments that make no sense such as the following. What makes it nonsense is highlighted in red.
commentor wrote:
.... So basically, as always, there's nothing new. Just some fixes, the addition of a few things that should have been in Windows 10 when it was released....

Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:17 pm 
welcoming committee

Jay, you don't have to sell me on Windows. Microsoft has had a very positive influence on my life with computers. I even have most of the Win 10 telemetry settings turned on because I want to help Microsoft when I can.

I was just commenting on the 10 comments.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:08 pm 

I wasn't trying to sell you anything BB. :) I just get a bit irate sometimes about comments to articles. I don't often read article comments as I don't tend to care about them. Mayhaps I'm weird... LOL! OK, don't bother saying it :mrgreen: ... but I think comments should be relevant. Take the 10 comments on the above article; personally I consider all of them to be nonsense. In my view the comments should be about the article, not whether or not you like Windows.

To be honest I didn't even read the comments on this article until you mentioned them. So here is my comment. ;) "I think that the article was decently written but not enough in depth.". If I posted it, which I won't, it would probably be the only relevant comment. Of course this is just my opinion. ;)

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:57 am 
welcoming committee

OK, I agree with your comment about the article not going into enough depth and I agree that comments should be relevant. But in my opinion, comments can be about the article AND/OR about the subject(s) addressed in the article. Just saying.......

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:38 pm 

And I suppose that you are entirely correct BB. I just, sometimes, let myself get irritated by some comments. I really should not allow that but do. ;)

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:52 pm 
welcoming committee

I wasn't saying that I liked the comments.......I agree with you that they were rather irritating. My first post was just stating that the users who commented seemed to not be liking the Fall 2017 expectations.

The one comment I did like and agree with was by Wagner - "Don't like it? Don't use it."

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:14 pm 
welcoming committee

bbarry wrote:
The one comment I did like and agree with was by Wagner - "Don't like it? Don't use it."

Bingo. As you all know, I have belly ached about MS myself enough times in this forum. But after experimenting with Linux for two years, and purchasing 3 books on using Apple's iMac, I am still with Microsoft. As I tell people: "If you hate Windows so much then switch to Apple, Linux, or WRITE YOU OWN OPERATING SYSTEM!"
Acadia

Board index » Technical Forums » Microsoft Windows