Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)

Post subject: Microsoft Office 2003
 Post Posted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:00 pm 
welcoming committee

Hi Everyone.......As you all probably know, I am living in the past and still rummaging around in Windows XP. I know, I know....I am in my nest at the top of an Elm Tree out back while the rest of you are in Outer Space texting each other about Apps and whatnot and once again I find myself in need of help in my tiny XP orbit.

It seems that during the Windows XP Pro era, Microsoft was sporting Microsoft Office 2003 and I need to obtain that program. I see it on Ebay, some new, and some used and some related to a particular Computer like Del. What do you think the best choice would be?

The reason I need 2003 is that it is much more simple than MS Office 2007 when attempting to set it up to print a book, add page numbers, and print 2 columns 5x8 on both sides of an 8-1/2" by 11" sheet of paper in Landscape View. I am completely lost in trying to do that in MS Office Word 2007.
There are many videos on line on how to do it but I am unable to follow them and make it work.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Post Posted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:18 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Sigh... You already know that I will advise against doing this and I know that you will anyway. Best that I can offer is the safest download that I know.
https://archive.org/details/en_office_2003_pro_201910
Download the ISO file and burn to CD/DVD and install. Of course you will need to have a valid Office 2003 product key.

Post Posted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:42 pm 
welcoming committee

jaylach wrote:
Sigh... You already know that I will advise against doing this and I know that you will anyway. Best that I can offer is the safest download that I know.
Download the ISO file and burn to CD/DVD and install. Of course you will need to have a valid Office 2003 product key.

Can I install it on Windows 7 Pro?

Post Posted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:48 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Allyson wrote:
jaylach wrote:

Yes, you could even install Office 2003 on Windows 10 if you wanted but I would not advise. Again, you would need a proper product code.

Post Posted: Mon May 24, 2021 11:51 pm 
welcoming committee

jaylach wrote:
Allyson wrote:
jaylach wrote:

Yes, you could even install Office 2003 on Windows 10 if you wanted but I would not advise. Again, you would need a proper product code.

I tried several times to install it on Windows 7 without any luck. It gets past the product key entry and gets to a screen saying "now installing office" and waiting for cabinets to be cached to local installation source. File A2561405CAB and just hangs up there...been 30 minutes and nothing happens.

I decided to try it on Windows XP and it loaded ok and I am able to open Office 2003. It is too late tonight to go any further but I will check it out tomorrow and let you know if I am now able to set it up for a book format.

Next day now and all is well in Allysonville. Office 2003 MS Word works ok in Windows XP although it is a bit slower than I am used to in Windows 7. Thanks for that download Jay. It came with a product key and there was no need to buy anything

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)