Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:43 pm 
welcoming committee

Paint Shop Pro x8 Ultimate was installed on this computer as well as 2 others prior to the Clean Install and now I can't get it to install on any of my computers. They all accept the serial number and when they go into activation mode, I get the following error message:

Error: An unexpected error occurred on the server. Please try again later

I have been trying later for 3 days now but no luck, still get the same message. Paint Shop Pro 7 and Paint Shop Pro x6 installed without a hitch.Any ideas what i should look for?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:20 am 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
I would contact Paint Shop Pros's support. It is probably a case where the key code is already registered and is then refused as to a new install. The support people should be able to clear the previous activation which should allow the current install to activate. Sigh, don't be surprised if they tell you that they can't do anything as your version is out of date. Be strong and refuse to accept their garbage. You MAY actually get a solution but I wish you luck.

It is also possible that it could be a case of the 2020 version now being current. Corel is known to be bad about support for older versions. They want you to go to PaintShop Pro 2020. From past experience I'd say that they will probably say how sorry they are that they can't help as they no longer have the older version available which, of course, is not true. I expect that they will give an approach in which they off you a 5% discount on the current version. At least this was the case when I contacted them to try to get the update patch for PaintShop Pro's version 10 which was before the "X" series to allow it to work properly in Windows 10. They actually told me that, since the version was no longer current, they no longer had the patch. Of course this was total garbage.

All the above aside please quit insisting on running out-dated software. You not only put your own system in danger but also all systems involved in your contacts.

Before you even go in the direction... This has nothing to do with Microsoft Windows regardless of the Windows version. This deals with Corel directly and their refusal to support versions that they consider out of date. At least Microsoft continues to offer updates to old versions of Windows even after no new updates will be put out. Corel does not follow this reasonable practice.

I currently run PaintShop Pro 2018 but am seriously considering getting rid of it due to it constantly throwing up alerts to try to get me to buy the current version. Since I paid for the thing I don't think that I should be subjected to their ads. I am seriously considering removing PaintShop Pro 20118 and replacing with the free Package called GIMP. Actually GIMP, even though free, is probably a more powerful editing package than PaintShop Pro.
https://www.gimp.org/

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:05 pm 
welcoming committee

jaylach wrote:
I would contact Paint Shop Pros's support. It is probably a case where the key code is already registered and is then refused as to a new install. The support people should be able to clear the previous activation which should allow the current install to activate. Sigh, don't be surprised if they tell you that they can't do anything as your version is out of date. Be strong and refuse to accept their garbage. You MAY actually get a solution but I wish you luck.

It is also possible that it could be a case of the 2020 version now being current. Corel is known to be bad about support for older versions. They want you to go to PaintShop Pro 2020. From past experience I'd say that they will probably say how sorry they are that they can't help as they no longer have the older version available which, of course, is not true. I expect that they will give an approach in which they off you a 5% discount on the current version. At least this was the case when I contacted them to try to get the update patch for PaintShop Pro's version 10 which was before the "X" series to allow it to work properly in Windows 10. They actually told me that, since the version was no longer current, they no longer had the patch. Of course this was total garbage.

All the above aside please quit insisting on running out-dated software. You not only put your own system in danger but also all systems involved in your contacts.

Before you even go in the direction... This has nothing to do with Microsoft Windows regardless of the Windows version. This deals with Corel directly and their refusal to support versions that they consider out of date. At least Microsoft continues to offer updates to old versions of Windows even after no new updates will be put out. Corel does not follow this reasonable practice.

I currently run PaintShop Pro 2018 but am seriously considering getting rid of it due to it constantly throwing up alerts to try to get me to buy the current version. Since I paid for the thing I don't think that I should be subjected to their ads. I am seriously considering removing PaintShop Pro 20118 and replacing with the free Package called GIMP. Actually GIMP, even though free, is probably a more powerful editing package than PaintShop Pro.
https://www.gimp.org/

Hi Jay.....it's interesting to note that my Paint Shop Pro 7 Anniversary Edition was purchased before Corel bought them out so that was somewhere in the early 1990's. It has worked on every computer I have ever owned all the way up to Windows 10. The newer Corel stuff is loaded with ads wanting me to upgrade every time I use it......very much similar to Microsoft with their Windows 10. I will never let Windows 7 Pro go nor any program that will still run on it. It's also interesting to note that Corel PSP x6 installed ok and it is quite a bit older than x8........all 3 ran ok before My clean install of Windows 7 Pro. I will have a look at Gimp.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:56 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
The earliest PSP I've had is version 10. It will install and run on Windows 10 but has issues without an update that I don't seem to be able to locate.

If you do look at GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) don't be intimidated by the user interface. It looks over powering but, if you actually look, everything is there, just arranged differently. Also some things are worded differently such as "Resize" in GIMP is still under the "Image" tab but called "Scale Image" instead of "Resize".

Here is a sample of the GIMP workspace which can be customized. This is just the default with the window made narrower to take less space in this post. This is using the "Dark" theme. there are three others included in the install.

Attachment:
gimp1.png
gimp1.png [ 114 KiB | Viewed 2891 times ]

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)