Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)

Post Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:56 pm 
welcoming committee

Hi all, I've been playing around with eM Client and while its good for a lot of situations, it hasn't been the best solution for me. A friend gave me a gift for my birthday (70 big ones!) for one yr of the Office 365 and I'd like to install this on all 3 laptops $99. Mostly due to the fact I'm not sure how long Win 7 will be updated, how much longer my HP will last (I did get a new battery for it $18 and its great) and I'd like to be able to update Excel from any laptop to update views of all 3 laptops to current.

My question is, do I need to upload my Office 365 devices to the Cloud to sync so all 3 laptops are showing the most current view or are all 3 laptop versions of Office 365 updated as I enter info and Save without uploading to the Cloud? I am trying to avoid the Cloud because of all the viruses, trojans, ramsomware, you name it that we've seen, that someone will figure out how to grab all of our info and not using the Cloud is where I want to start.

Does anyone know if I 'need' Cloud and also....
does it matter which laptop I download the purchase from (my main machine is the HP) and how does it work to download and include the other 2 laptops using the same license?

Thanks much for any info!!! katy98

- Barbara Corcoran

Post Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:01 pm 
Site Admin

If you have a key code/card for Office 365 Home, you simply activate the code per the instructions on the card. Once your code is attached to your Microsoft Account, you sign into your account and go to www.office.com and login. There will be a link to download and install. Repeat this step on the other computers.

-steve

Post Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

As for being able to keep the Excel data in sync between devices, you would need to use OneDrive to do that. OneDrive is secure and you can sync a folder or folders on each of the PCs. Viruses and the like aren't going to be in your OneDrive data in the cloud unless you upload an infected file from one of the computers.
If you wish to avoid the OneDrive route, you will need to save the data locally and transfer the data manually between computers. You can do this if you have shared storage on your local network (a NAS device -- Network Attached Storage) or by saving to an external USB drive that you move from PC to PC.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:55 am 
welcoming committee

Thanks Steve!

- Barbara Corcoran

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)