Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Internet Browsers And Email

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:16 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
I have a GMail account that I can't just kill due to needing for PayPal notifications as to money received. Quite a while back I set a rule to forward everything to an account that I actually use. This works fine except that I only want to forward PayPal notifications. Forwarding everything works fine as to that but also includes a BUNCH of garbage emails.

So I changed the rule to 'Matches: from:(*@paypal.com) paypal' and forward to an account that I actually use. Of course I'll find out soon enough if the garbage stops but does this look like it should work?

<edit>
May have at least partially proven this new rule as I went to PayPal and added $50.00 to the account from my bank and the email notification came through. I guess that sort of proves that my forward of PayPal emails does in fact forward. Now I just need to see if some of the junk stops... One of my concerns was if the *@paypal from field would work with the '*' as a wildcard. It would seem that it does. I'm just not used to setting rules in GMail as, except for PayPal notifications, I just don't use it.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:23 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
No spam from the GMail account this morning. :) Yesterday morning there were over 50. :shock:

Now if I can figure out a rule to automatically delete everything else... Probably don't really need to worry about that though as I have 25GB of GMail storage. :dunno:

Board index » Technical Forums » Internet Browsers And Email