Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Internet Browsers And Email

Post subject: Problem with eM Client
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:36 pm 
welcoming committee

Jay, I'm hoping that you are still using eM Client.

Because I just encountered a major problem. When I open up the program, I normally get four items down the left side - Mail, Calendar, Tasks and Contacts. Mail & Contacts are the only entries I ever use.

When I recently rebooted my computer, the Mail item is missing. So I can't see an incoming email nor any of my saved messages and folders. This never happened before. All my Contacts are still there.

Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:47 pm 
welcoming committee

Jay, I finally found the problem & solution from the eM Client support site. Simple fix, as follows:

If any of the main left-side sections is missing, whether it's Mail, Calendar, Tasks or Contacts your data is definitely not gone. It just means you accidentally hid the section.

You can make it appear again easily.
Just right-click any of the other items in the same menu (for example Calendar) and a drop-down menu with all options will appear. The missing section will not have a checkmark next to its name.
Click it to check it and make it appear again.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:30 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Glad that you got it. :)

I sort of came across an eM CLient "work-a-round" myself. I run the paid version on my main system but the free on the other two. I monitor four accounts which is, of course, no issue with the paid version but had to pick the two most commonly used for the free version installs as, as you know, the free version only allows two accounts. Since three of my accounts are on my hosting, and associated with my sites, and two of those are not often used, I just made it so that the two that are seldom used automatically forward to my main email. End result is that I get emails from all four accounts on the free version of eM Client with only two accounts set up. :mrgreen: This also cleaned up the left column on the paid version of eM Client as I only have two accounts listed there rather than the previous four.

Board index » Technical Forums » Internet Browsers And Email