Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Internet Browsers And Email

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:27 pm 
welcoming committee

With the old Outlook.com you could delay sending emails by 10, 15, 30 seconds. In the new Outlook I can't figure out how to do this. Is there a way to go back to the classic Outlook? Thank you in advance.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

You cannot revert to the older version if your account has been migrated to the latest. It does appear that delayed/scheduled sending is not an option on the web using outlook.com, unfortunately.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:56 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
I don't use Outlook.com but rather Office Outlook as an email client. Still you could follow my suggestion on Outlook.com. Compose your email but just don't send it. Minimize the browser window and go back after a little time and see if you still want to send. I do this in Office Outlook by just saving the email as a draft. I don't normally do this unless it is an involved email.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:57 pm 
welcoming committee

When replying to an email with Outlook.com, it saved to the Drafts folder almost immediately after clicking the Reply option. It takes a bit longer when composing a new email but by the time the addressee and subject are filled in and you start composing, it is already in the Drafts folder. You don't even need to save as a draft. If you decide not to send the reply or new email immediately, merely return to your inbox and continue processing your mail. When ready to send, merely go to the Drafts folder, open the email and send it.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:06 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Very true Corrine. It is the same with Outlook 365 as to automatically putting a reply and/or new email in the draft folder. My previous response would have been more accurate if I had said to just leave the email in the draft folder instead of saying to save it as a draft. ;)

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:37 am 
welcoming committee

This link was sent to me from Outlook support. https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/fb. It refers back to the classic look. When you refresh the browser or sign out, it will go back to the new Outlook. I just click on it after I sign into Outlook. I love having the ability to delay sending emails.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:14 am 

I've been using Thunderbird as my email client for a while now as it lets me have my RSS Feeds under their own heading whereas Outlook put them in among my Hotmail account.

I've not had to try the delay sending an email so far so don't know if there are any problems with it.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:35 am 
Site Admin

vic479h wrote:
This link was sent to me from Outlook support. https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/fb. It refers back to the classic look. When you refresh the browser or sign out, it will go back to the new Outlook. I just click on it after I sign into Outlook. I love having the ability to delay sending emails.

Interesting -- I wonder if this feature will be brought back for you in the new interface eventually. I would expect that the prior interface will be eliminated once all accounts are upgraded.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:18 pm 
welcoming committee

Thanks for that link. At least until it is eliminated, I will enjoy using the previous interface. Granted, I received an update notice that they are working on reducing the line spacing (https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/60 ... 143ebcca6d). I hope they also provide the option of disabling "Favorites". I have inadvertently click that silly star too many times.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:38 pm 
welcoming committee

I know this starts out a little left of field but bear with me.

I have completely stopped using the Mail and People app in Windows 10 for a couple reasons. I still use my Live.com email accounts. My contacts have been migrated to Gmail.
1. After using Windows Live Mail for years I found the Mail app’s features to be very “less than”.
2. My People contacts would not sync correctly with the web Outlook.com People version. Contacts were missing on both sides essentially giving me two incomplete lists.
3. The feature to create “mail groups” was nonexistent. There were many complaints about this from other users in the feedback section. This feature may have been brought back but I don’t know.
4. What I also discovered later was when I did send a group mailer from the web version of Outlook some of my recipients email services considered the email as spam and blocked the email.

To remedy all these things I searched the Windows store and online and found two programs. In the Windows Store I found the Mailbird App. I paid the upgrade to add all my accounts. I moved my contacts to my Gmail account. I only use the Gmail contacts and calendar. They update and sync flawlessly across all my devices.

The second thing I found, and this maybe the solution for you, was a program called “Free Bulk Mailer”. This allowed me to create mail lists to send to multiple contacts without being blocked as spam. In the free version there is a 30 or 35 contact limit per list and you can only create 5 lists. There is also a feature that allows you to schedule when the email is sent. This is very handy as you may write the email days in advance then schedule what date and time to send it. It also lets you create a mail template.

Free Bulk Mailer

When sending a group email, in your template put [FirstName] at the top of the email. This will individually put every person’s first name into the heading of the email. This way no spam alarms are sounded.

Sorry for being long-winded here.

Attachments:
FreeBulkMailer pic.PNG
FreeBulkMailer pic.PNG [ 545.72 KiB | Viewed 5276 times ]

It just goes to show you, it's always something. If it's not one thing it's another!
_Rosanne Rosannadanna
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

Very nice information, Terry. :-)

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:38 am 
welcoming committee

sboots wrote:
Very nice information, Terry. :-)

Thanks Steve. I send out a weekly email to our frequent golfers with information for that weeks golf information. It's the only organization I'm responsible for. If you have more obligations or larger contacts lists the paid version might be needed. Also the Mailbird program was designed to work with Gmail contacts and calendar but will also work with other programs.

Glad I could offer something useful.

It just goes to show you, it's always something. If it's not one thing it's another!
_Rosanne Rosannadanna

Board index » Technical Forums » Internet Browsers And Email