well, far, good, ink, showed, two, days, early, and, ran, cleaning, cycles, all, three, colors, seem, fine, but, cant, get, any, black, the, was, empty, for, long, that, print, head, input, sponge, white, may, have, become, hardened, letting, set, while, see, will, soften, accept, not, ill, put, some, hot, water, help, tried, putting, cartridge, back, many, printers, allow, printing, using, color, cartridges, this, did, work, just, setting, need, find, apparently, firmware, updated, unit, which, thing, had, been, reported, update, would, cause, refuse, generic, gave, warning, non, might, affect, quality, four, were, accepted,     well so far so good ink showed up two days early and i ran cleaning cycles and all three colors seem fine but i can't get any black the black was empty for so long that the print head input sponge was white it may have become hardened i'm letting

Register    Login    Search    FAQ     Articles & downloads     Donate

Board index » Technical Forums » Hardware

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:05 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Well, so far so good. Ink showed up two days early and I ran cleaning cycles and all three colors seem fine but I can't get any black.

The black was empty for so long that the print head input sponge was white. It may have become hardened. I'm letting it set for a while to see if it will soften and accept the ink. If not I'll put some hot water on it to help soften. I tried putting the empty black cartridge back in as many printers will allow printing black using the color cartridges but this did not work but that just may be a setting I need to find.

Apparently the firmware was not updated on this unit which is a good thing as, if it had been updated, it is reported that the update would cause it to refuse generic ink. It gave a warning that using non HP ink might affect quality but all four cartridges were accepted.

ImageImage

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:00 pm 
welcoming committee

Only one color to go...…..

William A. Gustafson
I know I have forgotten more than I can ever hope to remember.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:29 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Funny thing, Bill, is that it is very possible that I may not even use the thing even if I get it totally working. I like to re-do systems and donate to families with kids that can't afford a system. Right now I have a complete system with monitor and printer and another missing a monitor and printer for donating. While I like the idea of this printer having a full duplex document feeder and scanner I'll have to strongly consider adding it to the donation system that is missing a monitor and printer.

ImageImage

Board index » Technical Forums » Hardware