Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » What is it & How do I do things?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:36 pm 

I am not sure what to do first then next with switch the drives. I have decided that the 2 TB hard drive will switch from secondary to main drive and the other is SSD from the main to secondary. But how? Do I have to format the SSD drive first because of the operating system is in that drive? Or just unplug the cable of SSD from the motherboard? Oh before I forget that the SSD drive had Windows 10 operating system and 2 TB hard drive had Windows 7 Home Premium.

Your help would be appreciated

John

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:08 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
I'm not really sure that I understand the question. What operating system do you actually want to run?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:27 pm 

OK sorry about the confusion of my question. Way back I already had Windows 7 64X in my 2 TB hard drive and did not touch this. And when I got the new SSD and I did use macrium reflect clone to ssd from the hard drive with Windows 7 64X. Recently every desktop or laptop get free upgrade to Windows 10. So that is why I am asking here about unplug the SSD or reformat the SSD first before switch the drive letter that 2 TB hard drive will be the main drive and SSD will be secondary. Hope that my question will be more clear than my previous message.

Thank you,

John

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:01 pm 

I have decided that I will leave this as is and not going to bother change the drive letters.

Thank you,

John

Board index » Technical Forums » What is it & How do I do things?