Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:08 pm 
welcoming committee

5% have had a near-death experience — and they say it made life worth living
https://nypost.com/article/five-percent-have-had-near-death-experiences-research/

Yes Dr Greyson is selling a book but should we ignore articles like this just because of that, i say not.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:21 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
I also say not. As one that has experienced an NDE I found enlightenment from the experience. In many cases it totally changes your outlook on life. For instance, from my experience, I have absolutely zero fear of death. I won't bore you all at this time but if any would like to know of my experience I would be happy to relate. At least from my viewpoint it is a bit interesting. It isn't really a religious thing but rather an experience of self.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:48 pm 
welcoming committee

Jay, I would like to know of your NDE experience.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:09 pm 

bbarry wrote:
Jay, I would like to know of your NDE experience.

OK, here goes. Take or leave as you wish but it is what I experienced...

I was in boot camp in the Navy and started caughing up mouthfuls of junk to the point that I could hardly function so I went to sick call. The 'captain' doctor that I saw decided that I was faking to get out of duty and returned me to my company. That same night I stopped breathing three times due to acute bronchitis.

It was really weird. A member of my company attempted mouth to mouth and I punched him. His attempts were contrary to what I was internally trying to do. I know, sounds off the wall but gets more so... ;) So they get me to the hospital and are working on me. They actually gave up considering me gone. While this was going on I was watching them work on me and also watching me watching them. Ya, there were three of me, two outside of my body. My body was on the gurney being worked on. My 'mind' was in the upper right corner of the room watching them work on my body. In an opposite upper corner of the room was my 'spirit' watching my mind that was watching my body. The spirit part of myself was having a conversation with something I can't describe other than it was male and female at the same time and held me in total awe. At the end of this conversation I was asked a question. The question was if I had done what I was supposed to do. I answered no and my body started breathing again. Since then I have had no fear of death as I was shown that there is more to come. My only regret from the experience was my not asking what it was that I'm supposed to do. ;) How can I know the answer if I don't know the task? Still I knew I had not. Today I don't know so maybe.....

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:18 pm 
welcoming committee

Holy Moly! I'm sure glad you came out of that 3-dimensional experience. It's nice having you around. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:37 pm 

bbarry wrote:
Holy Moly! I'm sure glad you came out of that 3-dimensional experience. It's nice having you around. :mrgreen:

I'm more spiritual than religious but the experience opened my eyes to something said in the Bible. It had always bothered ne that the Bible said that God created Man in His own image. How can this be when God is supposed to be a spiritual being when Man is physical? The answer is that it is meant as Man being of three parts; body, mind and spirit as is God with the Son, Father and Spirit. Not trying to go religious in topic or anything but the relationship struck me as important and to be considered in the discussion.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:38 pm 
welcoming committee

I know this is likely after your time in the navy but i can't help wonder if it helps with <enter expletive>.
It is almost certainly off-topic in this thread, but i can't ignore posting it any longer, i've sat on posting it for far too long.

Gulf War syndrome 'not caused by depleted uranium'

Paraphrased:
Quote:
An illness suffered by soldiers who took part in the Gulf War was not caused by inhaling depleted uranium, according to a scientific study.
Instead, researchers believe Gulf War syndrome may be due to soldiers being exposed to the nerve agent sarin.
The Royal British Legion said a lack of understanding of the condition has had a "serious impact" on veterans.
The Ministry of Defence said it has no plans to conduct further studies but would monitor any research published.
Researchers estimate around 250,000 Gulf War veterans could be living with the syndrome - which can cause symptoms such as insomnia and memory problems.
Researchers now believe the most likely culprit is exposure to the nerve agent sarin - which was released into the atmosphere when Iraqi chemical weapons caches were bombed.

Quote:
They say steps meant to protect the soldiers could have compounded the problem - including anti-nerve agent medication and the extensive use of pesticides.
Pesticides were sprayed on tents and other equipment such as uniforms, and were used on skin as an insect repellent during the war to prevent malaria exposure.
"Being able to debunk the alleged connection between this illness and this radioactive substance allows the medical community to focus more clearly on what the likely causes actually are," Prof Parrish said.
"Finding causes is a nebulous game when you have so many options to blame.
"The allies' own activities destroying an Iraqi nerve agent cache or spraying pesticides liberally on troops could be seen in hindsight as an inadvertent 'own goal' and one to be avoided in future conflicts.
"It is important to find causes for conditions like this, even if it takes a long time and the causes might be controversial."

The article continues.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56116101

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion