Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion

Post Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:59 pm 
welcoming committee

For no other reason other than i find this sort of stuff absolutely fascinating!

Add that when i tried to join the Royal Navy in 1980 it's almost cetain this video was likely heavily censored due to the cold war so to view it now is...

The accents are equally funny, at that time in Britain you weren't heard on TV if you were in the forces unless you had a plum in your mouth! LOL

https://youtu.be/cALccuPShQc

Post Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:49 pm 
welcoming committee

Another video from around that time, so sad that later HMS Coventry was sunk during the Falklands War but it is what it was.

To this day i still think a higher power decided i wasn't destined to serve in the Royal Navy in 1980 because if i had i might not be here today.

Fate is what it is, a strange day in a recruitment office has dictated my life ever since, one that i'm not altoghter comfortable with but i can't argue with history.... for better or worse fate dealt me a hand that i've had to live with ever since.

Fate's hand would never have been my first choice but it is what it was and i have to live with it.

All Of One Company (1980)
https://youtu.be/1F2BAlXumFE

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion