Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:06 am 
welcoming committee

Oh my God! This is terrible news. I'm shocked and heartbroken. I haven't been to CH enough in recent months and I apologize for my late response. Patty was a wonderful person. I never knew anything about her illness. Although we never met in person we chatted a few times. She helped me with many computer problems.

Rest in peace Patty MacDuffie! You will be missed always!

It just goes to show you, it's always something. If it's not one thing it's another!
_Rosanne Rosannadanna

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:12 am 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
I probably should not post this but it is within five days of losing Paty a year ago...

I still miss you dear lady. :(

It somehow seems strange that one of my lifetime friends I only met in person once. That meeting was at the 2008 Microsoft Summit. In remembrance I will again post the link to the Power Point presentation that I did from that 2008 summit with a lot of photos of Patty. Sorry if I'm being in any way morbid or anything but I just find myself really missing her this night...
http://jaylach.com/downloads/2008_micro ... summit.zip

Can't exactly say that I've done as well as I should have in relation to this site but, at least, we are still here. I can't really explain but I find it hard to make changes. Part of me wants to say that it is due to changes taking more of Patty away from the site but that is not true. The truth is that I'm afraid of failing. I don't know if that makes any sense but it is what it is.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:32 am 
welcoming committee

jaylach wrote:
I probably should not post this but it is within five days of losing Paty a year ago...

I still miss you dear lady. :(
Can't exactly say that I've done as well as I should have in relation to this site but, at least, we are still here. I can't really explain but I find it hard to make changes. Part of me wants to say that it is due to changes taking more of Patty away from the site but that is not true. The truth is that I'm afraid of failing. I don't know if that makes any sense but it is what it is.

It's only natural! Jay I never met Patty, only shared a few PM messages and received help from her with a few problems yet I miss her as well. She was immensely smart and willing to share her knowledge. She created an open source to offer help to anyone with computer problems willing to join the party. I'm happy I joined and made many good acquaintances here even though we haven't physically met.

I think you've done well in maintaining Computer Haven. Everything evolves over time. On one hand if it's not broke don't fix it. On the other hand, there isn't anything wrong with keeping CH fresh with possible new ideas. You could always pole the membership on specific changes if you're brainstorming. You're an excellent code writer so if an idea comes along try it out. Hope this helps you out of your melancholy mood.

It just goes to show you, it's always something. If it's not one thing it's another!
_Rosanne Rosannadanna

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:49 am 
welcoming committee

Jay, I agree with Terry.....you are doing an excellent job in maintaining CH. I think we are seeing two changes in the way people use their computers these days. First, many don't.....instead they use their smartphones, tablets and watches. Secondly, many users these days get their computer training early in life (grade school) and don't frequently seek online computer assistance. But the need for CH is still there and you are still our deserving and knowledgeable leader. And if you have some CH changes in mind, toss them out there for discussion.

I also miss Patty, and I even revisited her Guest Box the other night.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:08 pm 

I got notice it was almost a year so I went and posted another tribute to her on the Guest Book, it closes on 23rd.

I think you're doing a great job keeping it going Jay, Patty would be proud of you.

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion