Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:26 pm 
welcoming committee

Hi Again all, I've been trying to find an online Wisconsin form 1-ES to fill out online and use to mail in estimate payments myself rather than overpaying H&R Block to do it for $200+ when I could do the whole thing myself if I can fix this.
I found what I think I want at this site: https://www.revenue.wi.gov/DORForms/201 ... S_fill.pdf but when I go to it, I get a message that says the form is being prevented from loading (see pic).

I went to the link provided to download Adobe again and it ended up telling me I already have it which I knew but I figured maybe I need a newer version. So nothing new happened.
My version is a Reader. Could this be why? Do I need a version that is not free but maybe works with fill-able forms?
This is my last step to doing these taxes all by myself ;). Thanks for any ideas!!

Attachments:
Adobe .jpg
Adobe .jpg [ 19.36 KiB | Viewed 6230 times ]

- Barbara Corcoran
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:02 pm 
Fearless Leader

Hi Katy,

There are two possible scenarios here. Either you are dealing with a downloadable form which you need to fill out locally on your machine and then upload; or you are going to deal with a webpage with web forms that you truly do fill out online - just like any other form you fill out when you enter a username and password, or enter your street address, etc. I would try to find the latter type, but it may not exist for a state level form (states can be woefully primitive in their technology).

If you have to download and fill, more than likely you do need a pdf writer with form fill capabilities, not a reader. If you have a recent version of Word, I would try opening the PDF in Word. You'd have to open Word, go to File/Open and navigate to the document. That's the first thing I would try. Then you could fill out the form in Word. Now that will not be without its frustrations.

Second thing I would try would be to find a different and free pdf reader that tells you it is capable of filling out forms and use that.

On this page: https://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/pdf-reader/ they say that Foxit Reader fills forms. I haven't used Foxit for a long time, but it is certainly worth downloading it and giving it a try.

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:18 pm 
welcoming committee

MacDuffie wrote:
Hi Katy,

There are two possible scenarios here. Either you are dealing with a downloadable form which you need to fill out locally on your machine and then upload; or you are going to deal with a webpage with web forms that you truly do fill out online - just like any other form you fill out when you enter a username and password, or enter your street address, etc. I would try to find the latter type, but it may not exist for a state level form (states can be woefully primitive in their technology).

If you have to download and fill, more than likely you do need a pdf writer with form fill capabilities, not a reader. If you have a recent version of Word, I would try opening the PDF in Word. You'd have to open Word, go to File/Open and navigate to the document. That's the first thing I would try. Then you could fill out the form in Word. Now that will not be without its frustrations.

Second thing I would try would be to find a different and free pdf reader that tells you it is capable of filling out forms and use that.

On this page: https://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/pdf-reader/ they say that Foxit Reader fills forms. I haven't used Foxit for a long time, but it is certainly worth downloading it and giving it a try.

That Foxit is the one I was trying to remember. somebody showed me this long time ago but I forgot the name. Thanks for the reminder! I'll download/install that one and hopefully that website will accept it. If not, I have a while to hunt things down. Thanks so much Patty!!

- Barbara Corcoran

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:15 pm 
Fearless Leader

You're welcome, Katy. :)

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:54 pm 
Site Admin

The file at that link is exactly the one you show in the picture you posted. I downloaded the 1-ES form and there is no form -- just that notice.
All of the forms are here: https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/Form/2 ... idual.aspx
I didn't check them all, but the ones I checked loaded just fine on Windows 10 with the built in PDF reader functionality. That included other fill in forms.
So, if you were looking for this one: (Form 1-ES FINAL December 13 2016 Estimated Income Tax Voucher), it appears to be broken on the site. You probably need to contact the State.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:33 am 
welcoming committee

Katy
I use win 10 and foxit. I clicked on the link and got the Please wait notice. Went to upper right corner and hit the download button. In my downloads I opened up the download and the instructions and form were there.

Fill in the form and print.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:42 am 
welcoming committee

I saw the same thing on line, and downloaded the form. Had no problem opening it or filling it. I do use Acrobat Pro XI

Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:41 pm 
welcoming committee

Thank you ALL for all the info! I read a lot of online info also with only this Wisc. form 1-ES ranging from other people were having trouble also with Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge to no problems with Internet Explorer. So I set IE as my Default Browser and it finally worked. I couldn't be happier! Now I can do my own taxes and Estimates and save $$. ;) It surprised me that if they want us to pay estimates, why don't they make it easier to use 'any' browser. Thanks all for your help!

- Barbara Corcoran

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)