Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)

Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:59 am 
welcoming committee

Hi
I am working with Word 7, and I have a problem where as when I go to open a “New Document” in the task pane and then go to “Blank and Recent” under "Templates", my recent templates never show up. It makes no difference if they are self made templates or Microsoft templates, the only two things in that pane are “Blank document” and “New blog post”.
Can someone please help me fix this problem so that my most used templates will show up in that pane?
Thank you

Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:39 am 

Hello lionclaw, I'm sure when the experts see your post one of them will be able to help you.

It will help them if you could tell them what operating system you are using when this happens and if you are doing anything else at the same time.

The more details you can give about your setup will help the experts give you a solution.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:09 am 
welcoming committee

I am using Windows 7 64bit. When does this happen? It happens all the time, every since since it was first installed years back. Everything else works fine.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:44 pm 
welcoming committee

I'm not an Office expert, that said, your issue does sound like a known issue when upgrading from Office XP or earlier to Office 2003 or later.
If this sounds familiar it is most likely the cause of your issue:
Quote:
SYMPTOMS
When you click Start, point to All Programs, and then click New Office Document, only the Blank Document template for Word can be seen in the New Office Document dialog box. All other Office templates are missing.

CAUSE
This problem may occur if you upgrade Microsoft Office XP or earlier to Microsoft Office 2003 or later versions of Office, and not all the Office XP or earlier programs are upgraded or are removed. The most common cause of this problem is if Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 was installed with Office XP or earlier. When you upgrade to Office 2003 or later versions of Office and you use the Typical or Upgrade installation option, FrontPage 2003 is not installed. This problem may also occur if you use the Custom Install option during Office Setup, and instruct Setup not to upgrade or to remove a specific Office XP or earlier program. If Office XP or earlier programs are still present on your computer, the new Office shortcuts are not installed.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, use the Add or Remove Programs tool to install the New and Open Office Document Shortcuts feature. To do this, use one of the following methods.

Method 1: 2007 Microsoft Office programs

1.Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.
2.In Add or Remove Programs, click Microsoft Office 2007, and then click Change.
3.Click Add or Remove Features, and then click Continue.
4.On the Installation Options page, expand Office Shared Features.
5.Click the arrow next to New and Open Office Documents Shortcuts, click Run from My Computer, and then click Continue.
6.When the update is complete, click OK, and then close Add or Remove Programs.

The full article, which also includes a resolution for affected Office 2003 programs: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825935

Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:00 pm 
welcoming committee

Nope. I tried it, but it didn't help. I installed Office as a clean install, not an upgrade.
Thanks anyhow.

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)