Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Mobile Devices

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:19 pm 
welcoming committee

Hi All, I could not find info in a search so am starting a new thread; hope it's the right forum. I just purchased an Ipad2, it was a display model at the local Sam's club so the OS was uptodated to 6.0 and I was able to connect from home through my wireless with Charter for surfing & test emailing . While I can access the internet, I am having such a hard time setting up a user name and password to download apps or games. I was able to complete the set up with a user name (email address) and password and security questions, even successfully sent the Terms and Conditions to my email address to confirm that the address was good & I successfully sent an email to myself at that address. But at the very end of the setup, I clicked Next and that's where it ended. No confirmation was given, the word Next just had a globe spinning like it was going nowhere. I did not receive an email confirmation, when I'd try to log into Apps, my user name/password was no recognized. I've tried requesting new password but no email arrives, I've tried setting up a new different login but same results. I am not sure if this is a dns problem (am using Safari the only browser) but when I try to access 'some' Apple sites for help, I get the message that 'iPad safari cannot find server'. I am able to access most any other site I want using iPad and my wifi wireless that I use with my laptop (Charter). Since this was a display model, the warranty is expired. Does anyone happen to know what my problem may be? This is a whole new realm for me. Thanks for any ideas!! katy

- Barbara Corcoran

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:24 am 
Site Admin

Hi, Katy98.
I have no experience with the Ipad, but you should be able to get support from Apple even if the device is out of warranty.
If you have an Apple store not to distant from you, you can take it to their in store support for evaluation and assistance. Some support will not be free.
-steve

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:32 pm 
welcoming committee

Hi Steve, thanks for replying! There is an Apple store in a city about an hour from me so I'll give it a try. I wasn't sure if they'd just turn me away because I didn't buy from them but it can't hurt to ask. Thanks again Steve!! katy

- Barbara Corcoran

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:48 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
You might try giving them a call before doing an hour drive.

Board index » Technical Forums » Mobile Devices