Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Is war looming?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:59 pm 
welcoming committee

Since the end of the cold war in the 80's i suspect that once again the world has apparently truly gone mad.

Terrorism is a blip on what might be coming so is ignored in what follows.

The North Korean threat, i never really did buy into this as a threat to Europe or the US but for some odd reason Trump is playing a game that makes it appear as if NK is an end deal but when coupled with a bigger picture there is a very real danger.

The Russians have been building their military at an alarming rate and flexing their muscles in ways all over Europe in ways not seen since the Soviet empire collapsed.

The Chinese are building their military at an alarming rate, not least in the China seas.

In the meantime, every country in Europe is cutting back on their military personel and power.

I'd be lying if i didn't say i wasn't worried, given the history of this continent it wouldn't be without precident for this continent to not see the writing on the wall.

I get this post might go down like a lead brick but until the issue is talked about nothing can potentially be averted, head in the sand was an option in the 20th century because there was no alternative... in the 21st century there can and will be no excuse for history and people to hide behind if the worst happens.

Post subject: Re: Is war looming?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:21 pm 
welcoming committee

On a lighter note :rofl2:

Reagan tells Soviet jokes
https://youtu.be/mN3z3eSVG7A

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:10 pm 
welcoming committee

Doddie wrote:
I get this post might go down like a lead brick but until the issue is talked about nothing can potentially be averted, head in the sand was an option in the 20th century because there was no alternative... in the 21st century there can and will be no excuse for history and people to hide behind if the worst happens.

Just my opinion.....but do you really think Computer Haven is the place to talk about war looming, even in the General Discussion forum? I go to my local newspaper, TV and magazines for war gaming issues; I come to CH for computer-related dialog. :hmm3"

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:01 pm 
welcoming committee

I agree

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:33 pm 
welcoming committee

On the Board index it says this
General Discussion You may discuss anything you wish.
Just saying

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:58 pm 
welcoming committee

bbarry wrote:
Just my opinion.....but do you really think Computer Haven is the place to talk about war looming, even in the General Discussion forum? I go to my local newspaper, TV and magazines for war gaming issues; I come to CH for computer-related dialog. :hmm3"

If it bothers you that much all you had to do was PM me and explain why it might not be considered appropriate dialogue.

I might have agreed with you and pulled the thread myself but of course i can't do that now because others have posted to the thread thanks to your interjection.

Perhaps i should have led with the one thing that might have made this on-topic here, i meant to add cyber-warfare, that is already happening on a massive scale and shouldn't be getting swept under the carpet in the way it is by governments and media.

In any case, this isn't the first time one my postings here have attracted attention, some i loosely understood, some i absolutely did not, i don't personally feel I've ever posted anything defamatory or truly offensive.

I'm tired of being made to feel like an outsider trying to makes 'friends' in an inhospitable environment so this will be my last post.

I wish you all the very best.

@bbarry, not that you need my permission but feel free to use your new moderator status to censor this thread as you see fit.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:47 pm 
welcoming committee

Doddie
I find your posts fun and interesting. Like I said before
General Discussion You may discuss anything you wish.
I don't see any problem with the post

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:38 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Before this escalates I'm locking the thread...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion